truck wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grantschimpf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well the last few days my truck has bein acting up. every once and awhile it would just stall out at idle weither you were at a set of lights or just sitting on the driveway. but now the truck has stalled out and wont start at all, i replaced the fuel filter today still no start, i can here the fuel pump pressure up when you put the key to the on postion then you try to crank it over but doesnt start up. i tryed dumping some fuel down the throtle body and when i did that sure enough started up, but only stayed started as long as you had your foot on the pedal and had her reved up, but as soon as you put it in drive or reverse it would stall right out. Any suggestions? problem is right now as well is the truck is a few blocks away at the grocery store.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

oh also the truck is a 92 gmc yukon gt

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

ok so i reted the hit the gas tank to see if its the fuel pump and sure enough cranked over a few times and boom started up, so im thinkin its my fuel pump i guess, was able to get the truck home and in the garage and tommorow going to start dropping the tank to replace the pump

OP
OP
G

grantschimpf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so went to go and replace my fuel pump today and sure enough the truck started not a problem fired right up took it for a drive even on the highway wouldnt stall out. sittin in the driveway for a little bit all seemed fine, tryed shutting it off and restarting it about 15 times not a problem at all, so left it outside on the driveway for about an hour (shut off) went back outside to bring it in the garge, sure enough wont start, tryed and tryed starting it, nothing. then started cussing and swearing at it and decided f it im going in side, i hit the remote start, sure enough the remote tryed cranking it over about twice then fired right up. So here is my question, what could it be? tps like blueflamed03 said it may be, plugs, wires, cap, coil or could it be something to do with my remote start?

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Do you have any codes at all? When it won't start by the key, will it start with the remote start (alarm install wiring fault)? If it is a problem with the wires/cap/rotor/etc. it should be blowing all sorts of codes, for it to be so poor that it wouldn't start. My money is on fuel pump electrical or mechanical failure if the first two come up empty. You might try to get a pressure reading on your fuel lines when it won't start. That would also tell you if your pump is working or not, at proper pressure, or not. Good luck, man. This sucks.
:drunk:

OP
OP
G

grantschimpf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
oh also the reason i know its not the fiel pump is that when it wouldnt start i took the fuel line off and sure enough there was plenty of fuel coming out when you turned the ignition to the on postion as well as when trying to start it as well

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

well it is a 92 so im not to sure on codes, but the check engine light hasnt come on so that im not to sure of as of right now.
when it wont start it wonstart with the ley and 9 times outta 10 it wont start with remote start

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

also the rpm when you go to put it in gear goes down really low almost to 0, and like i say before not starting the symtoms were that it would just stall right out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx