Tweeter in the A-pillar question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those who have replaced your door speakers and tweeters in the A-pillars are you happy with the results? Is the tweeter too bright in A-pillar? Would it be better to place the tweeter in the door?
My front passenger side door speaker blew so I’m using it for an excuse to build a small system for the Yukon. Sounded logical in my head anyway. Here’s my parts list.

Stock Head unit
Audio Control LC7 Line Output Converter with auxiliary input.
Alpine PDX-F4 4 x 100w
Alpine PDX-M6 1 x 600w
Polk MM6501 Components front and rear doors
Alpine SWR-T12 Thin mount sub in a box between the two rear seats.
Dynamat the doors while the door panels are off.

Feel free to pick this list apart if there is a better option for the money. I haven’t pulled the trigger and purchased anything yet.

Last edited:

BabyHuey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alll depends on your likings and what your putting in. In general, metal dome tweeters are much brighter then silk dome, or any fabric domed tweeter.

Personlly dont like metal dome tweetes because they are too harsh. I'd recommend just placing it in there and see how it sounds. You may end up likeing it!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO when I was rocking 2x12" L7's, I wasn't getting vibration from the doors, it was in the rear fenders. With that said, I don't think the Dynamat is worth it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rongomer