U-Haul Trailer Towing Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have had that trailer loaded with stuff to squat the back of your Yukon! Glad your trip was safe!
It was completely full, front to rear, top to bottom. I eagerly unloaded it and forgot to take a picture of how full it was. Also, the Yukon was also loaded as well, contributing to the squat.

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About to rent the same trailer to haul from OH to TX in a 2003 Z71. Going to take it nice and easy. She is @ ~240K on original engine and tranny. Hauled U-Haul auto transport a couple of times in the past, but the Tahoe was a bit newer then.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to rent the same trailer to haul from OH to TX in a 2003 Z71. Going to take it nice and easy. She is @ ~240K on original engine and tranny. Hauled U-Haul auto transport a couple of times in the past, but the Tahoe was a bit newer then.
When you load the trailer, try and put the heavier items over the axles and not up front which will weigh down the truck. That's what I do anyway when I rent those 12 footers.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my journey I saw people towing these double axle U-Haul trailers with much, much smaller vehicles. So much that some of these trailers were tilting far forward just to be able to line up with their trailer hitches. I think I saw a Subaru pulling one at a Buckeys. With anything less than the V8 as bad as acceleration was, I can't imagine towing one with a 4 cylinder. Unless of course they're empty, but then why rent such a large trailer if you weren't going to load it?

Reaction score
I rented one May 2023 to move my son from college to his new place. It wasn't loaded full, but had quite a lot of stuff in it. Pulled fine and didn't really notice it was there, but that was with the 6.2l XL

20230514_174625.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanleyprincely

Latest posts