Underbody and Frame Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have some surface rust on the frame and underbody and was wondering if anyone has painted their's and what products or techniques work good?

Also any thoughts on rhino-lining wheel wells and rocker panels

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed My tires and washed the chassis and wheel wells with dish soap then gave it about two coats with RUSTOLIUM oil based paint works pretty Good

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
owner before me pressure washed the under side of the tahoe every year and took a cheap can of black spray paint (multiple) and sprayed the entire thing. I'm thinking of patching the missing spots on the wheel wells and lining them with spray on bed liner or something as well as the underbody.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I removed My tires and washed the chassis and wheel wells with dish soap then gave it about two coats with RUSTOLIUM oil based paint works pretty Good
\

Did the Rustoleum work pretty good. any fading and how long ago did you paint it?

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

im thinkin about pickin up some spray on rubberized underbody paint from Tractor Supply Company. and paintin with that after i derust and clean really good

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used the dupli-color spray on bed liner. easy enough and it holds up to being pounded on

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
\

Did the Rustoleum work pretty good. any fading and how long ago did you paint it?

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

im thinkin about pickin up some spray on rubberized underbody paint from Tractor Supply Company. and paintin with that after i derust and clean really good

It's been on there for about 6 months or so holds pretty Good just on my wheel wells i have minor paint chiping off as for the rubberized undercoating i used about one can per wheel well before using the RUSTOLIUM but all of it came off maybe i did not clean it well or maybe got the pressure washer to close but not sure :confused:

Last edited:

19 tahoe 97

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I used something similar to that on the edge of my hood and it has held up fine. It faded a bit but I doubt that matters if your using it in a place that sees no sun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968