Undo the magnitude bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Sw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Sierra Yukon 1500. I already bought the original magnaride shocks for the front. Started the job only to find out previous owner replaced the magnarides with a bypass kit AND cut off the car side connector. I have 2 questions….can I use the new magnarides without connecting the harness? Second, are the two wires on the car side signal/control wires or 12 volt, or one of each? I get no voltage reading on either wire with car running.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moved you here from General Discussion, since this is a suspension issue.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Sierra Yukon 1500. I already bought the original magnaride shocks for the front. Started the job only to find out previous owner replaced the magnarides with a bypass kit AND cut off the car side connector. I have 2 questions….can I use the new magnarides without connecting the harness? Second, are the two wires on the car side signal/control wires or 12 volt, or one of each? I get no voltage reading on either wire with car running.
the wires will provide a small electrical current to the shock and read the ohm's when they are connected properly, you can buy replacement harness connectors online.
unless there are connected the system is useless and will just default to whatever ride the shock provides without a computer connected
just search "genuine gm connector shock" on ebay, there are many

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

As stated above, you can replace the missing harnesses. Check to see if the position sensors are still attached to the suspension arms on all 4 wheels, as they are part of the Magneride active suspension system as well.

1720968909228.png

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Might want to edit the thread title so it says Magnaride instead of magnitude. Or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1