Upgrades over the weekend - pics/questions inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based off:

1.) My Opinion
2.) My Experience
3.) Simple Physics
4.) Center of Gravity

:)

1) You're entitled to that even though you're not correct.
2) Do not buy the cheapest components that only max out everything.
3) Please explain further the effects physics have on lifting a truck.
4) Sway and ride have nothing to do with each other.

Based off your numbers 3 & 4 the lower you can get a vehicle the better it will ride which I am sure you will find many people on here that will argue that.

The main things on a lift that will effect the ride are:
The springs, if they give you stiffer springs then the ride will be stiffer.
Shocks, if they are not specifically made for that size lift then you will not have the correct compression or rebound thus effecting the ride.
Brackets, if they are not made to work specifically with the components it can put things in a bind or not let them the way they should thus effecting the ride.
Correctly upgraded sway bars will also help with the sway, probably will not make it handle like a lambo but really was that what you are going for??

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was amazed at how much change even a 2" leveling kit made on my 06 hoe. It made it feel top heavy {prob in my head}. You can change to a softer shock, but the air flow under the vehicle will still make it feel weird.
I also had to air down my tires to help keep it soft on the road.

Although I loved the 4x4, I will never do it again unless it is to be used strictly for off roading.

I'm referring more to the ride caused by torquing the keys more so than top heaviness/body roll.

Correct ^^^

Somewhat right ^

Heres some insight , The truck rides harsh due to What Yates just stated when you Lift your vehicle with "keys" your essentially tighting the torsion bars. The tighter the bars the stiffer the ride. what you need is a Diff drop type of lift . by dropping the front diff you retain your FACTORY Ride minus the Top heaviness which is to be expected , IN fact my truck rides better after the 6 inch lift than before IMHO . the only thing that is harsh about my ride is my choice of tire. Remember the point here is that Diff drops Lower the Front differential Via Brackets and or knuckles to Raise the Truck in the air.

Nice Mods BTW I like the screen in the cubby hole :Rock on:

I'm with ya here. Any clue what options I can do to achieve a 2-3" w/o doing keys? I haven't found anything. Spindles for a 4x4 truck are no where to be found.

Other ideas?

HOLY TRANS COOLER!!!! but damn nice weekend.... What shocks are you running???

They're aftermarket shocks, but cheap ones, think a set of 5100 in the front would make a difference??

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Very nice and I think we have the same trans cooler. Lol

Thats a tru cool max 47391.

Picked up a direct fit kit from a guy on a different forum. It all worked well. Installed in like 30 minutes.

OP
OP
D

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Show up fine for me.

Do you have an ad blocker installed or something?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I can see them.. yea no bueno maxing the keys... A lifted truck can ride as good or better than a lowered or stock ride if done correctly obiously if done like a cheap bastard it will ride like ass. Po de crank you will only wear out parts quicker and continue to ride terrible

OP
OP
D

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can see them.. yea no bueno maxing the keys... A lifted truck can ride as good or better than a lowered or stock ride if done correctly obiously if done like a cheap bastard it will ride like ass. Po de crank you will only wear out parts quicker and continue to ride terrible

how would you do a 3" lift "correctly"

Thats basically what i'm asking here.

OP
OP
D

Dbowl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lowered the bars down about 3/4"'s an inch in the front. Rides SO much better. Picked up some 1.5" blocks instead of 2's for the back.

All is right w/ the world.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowered the bars down about 3/4"'s an inch in the front. Rides SO much better. Picked up some 1.5" blocks instead of 2's for the back.

All is right w/ the world.

Glad that are all over the place conversation convinced you to do the right thing :head3:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts