Upgrades!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish this forum would email users when someone else replies on a post so the users would go check lol. I really would like these lights to work. I'm just wondering what he did for spacers.

pretty sure u can do that, gotta change ur settings.

OP
OP
P

paradise

Reaction score
I did those same lights and HID's. I found the beam pattern looked like crap too. I posted pics on here and someone else mentioned using a spacer. What did you use for a spacer and how big? The other guy mentioned 5/8". I was worried about sealing off the bulb and spacer from moisture... Here's a pic with the lights in and a stock pic for the other guy wanting a close up. They do look like crap at night without modding...

We actually machined a spacer that was just large enough for the light to go through and fit into the recess in the light housing. I don't remember what the exact thickness was since we kept modifying it. We also machined it to where it wasn't perfectly square to get the light exactly where we wanted it.

You could accomplish almost the same thing by bringing a bulb down to home depot and picking up some stainless or aluminum washers that are just large enough to slide the bulb through. Buy a few of them (preferably thin ones) and then start testing.

We took the housing out of the tahoe and turned the lights on and then moved the bulb in and out of the housing to see where we got the best beam pattern. Then just add or subtract some washers until you get it to where you want. It's never going to be a perfect HID beam pattern, but you can get it to look better than what you got...

After we got it all put back together we used silicone to seal the lights against moisture.

Hope that answers it.

mrcajunjoker

Reaction score
I just wish I knew enough to light them up at home in the shop to play with them without pulling the truck apart. Not as easy as computer work I suppose. Lol

OP
OP
P

paradise

Reaction score
Took a few updated pics of the Tahoe this weekend. Since the last pics we got the roof rack off, color matched the mirror caps and painted the lettering on the sides...

I think its all done (besides buy a new center cap some douchbag stole)

IMG_8369.jpg
IMG_8370.jpg
IMG_8372.jpg
IMG_8374.jpg
IMG_8377.jpg

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, Zack!! Definetly stands out from the crowd...not the typical color you see modded out...I like it.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Man really like what you have done. Love the color almost like a candy red. But only thing I have to say is I really don't like the lights but to each is their own.

OP
OP
P

paradise

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah I haven't seen a modded red one besides this one around here. Most are white or black...

Like I said before the wifey likes the lights and it's her car so that's all there is to it :D

Thanks again!

TexasFinest

Reaction score
I wish this forum would email users when someone else replies on a post so the users would go check lol. I really would like these lights to work. I'm just wondering what he did for spacers.

You can all you have to do is subscribe to a thread using thread tools at the top of the first post...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320