Upgrading HVAC Control to LTZ from LS (2011 Tahoe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrhunkler

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever successfully upgraded the manual-knob type AC Control unit (LS) to the digital (LTZ) control unit? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:emotions122:

OP
OP
jrhunkler

jrhunkler

Reaction score
I've been told it can't be completely done. The digital display utilizes various temperature sensors located throughout the vehicle. The electrical work to get it all done is a monster of a project, and very expensive.

I've been told the same thing, but I don't believe it. Anything can be done. Directly swapping it allows the air to come on and off, I just wouldn't utilize the "auto" feature. A/C won't work without some different configuration in the wiring... just looking for details on what to do...

OP
OP
jrhunkler

jrhunkler

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever successfully upgraded the manual-knob type AC Control unit (LS) to the digital (LTZ) control unit? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Merged and moved thread to correct area.

No it can't be done easily. You need a new complete wiring harness, new ECM, aspirator fan, etc...

It's cheaper to get a new truck.

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, cant be done (cheaply). People have already researched it on NBS and NNBS Silverados, like NathanJax said, need a new dash/body harness, fan/auto temp sensor(add hole to headliner) and hvac controls. Someone on gmfs has done it on a NBS and it wasnt cheap.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done the opposite here...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369