vibration at high speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houstone003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could possibly be your driveshaft..factory driveshaft can only handle up to a certain speed my brothers nnbs sierra vibrates at 100 cause of the driveshaft tubing being to thing

UBILLN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try checking your tire pressure, tire shops generally dont give a shit what it says in your door, they just stick whatever in them which usually is too much. I personally go with the tire pressure that used to be in the door of my old 2005 ESV which was 30, seems low but if it was good for a massive ESV should be fine for my Tahoe... anyway it rides like a buckboard wagon at 35+, shaking and all, but smooth as the cadillac at 30psi.

angel.arteaga

Reaction score
I am actually having the same problem on my 03 tahoe, I have good year eagle eye tires and 20" aftermarket wheels, i get the same annoying shaking between 75 and 85 mph, i got everything balanced and did not help at all.

Hey scottyboy, i did not know about those clips u talked about earlier in this thread, can u tell me more about them, how the look, or where to find them please ?

so apparantlythe issue might be...

1. Driveshaft
2. the little clip things
3. cv joints
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Last edited:

94z28guy

Reaction score
30-35 psi is excellent tire pressure on heavy vehicles like ours, as long as you dont mind buying tires alot. It will destroy inside and out side of tires. I dont care what the door says you run less than 40 PSI and it will wear the tires unevenly.

bair1218

Reaction score
So I have this noise I was advised by my dealer it was the hubs... Got the new ones that were listed on here, the hubs went in great!! However I still have a sound and light vibration you can feel in your feet at 65+mph sounds like a bad tire but my last set did it and now 4 brand new tires and both front hubs and still making the noise.. It's like wom wom wom and the sound is like a rotational issue

And from what I can tell is it's deffinatly right front making noise

And it starts at 50 worst 72-75 fades at 80 only hear it on the highway?

Could it be a bad alignment job?

At this point I'm lost... 3 dealers and the tire shop where I had the tires installed all have no idea..

So after about a month and 3 dealers no one has an idea.. And now I have a popping sound in my left front when I come to a stop and when I pull away...

bacon612

Reaction score
I'd just like to revive this post to say that I just fixed the vibration that I was having on my 99 denali. I've been trying to get it sorted for over two years on and off now. Had my rear driveshaft balanced, u joints switched, wheels balanced and the culprit was my brake drums. I went to an alignment shop called Central Alignment in Knoxville and the owner, mike nailed the issue for me. He replaced both rear drums and even went as far as to weld a balancing weight to one of the drums that wasn't perfect. Unbelievable.

For those of you with older models that still have rear drum brakes. Do not overlook this as a possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngraham2010