Want to build a box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calderb123

Reaction score
So I have 2 12" disbarred p3's with around 800 watts rms to each sub. I'm taking a woodworking class this semester in school an figured I'd make something I'd actually use. So my question to you guys is how big of a box can I run in my car? I don't have the third row on and plan on keeping it out. So what's the biggest dimensions I can run that would still sound good? If it makes a difference the music I tend to bump to is low stuff like jeezy, gucci an artists like that. If someone has plans for a box or could direct me to a site that has them that would be great. Thanks guys!

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you tell me the model of the subs i can make a box design for you

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
also, measure what you have room for. Unless we go out and measure ours, we cant say, plus, I'm sure you dont want to use the whole rear end for two 12's, right?

OP
OP
C

calderb123

Reaction score
quietfly, they are 12" rockford fosgate p3d2's. Id prefer it to be tuned a bit low if that makes a difference. thank you!

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well for starters i think the cargo area is 48" x 48" and you can go up as high as you want but you shouldnt need that much for 2 12s, i would shoot for about 2-2.5 cubes per sub so 4-5cuft would be good for an internal volume

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52