Wanting to install rear camera and navigation on 2012 Suburban LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyrako

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there folks

I purchased a 2012 Suburban LT but am realizing that it would be nice to have a rear camera and navigation. Does anyone know if this will require a body harness replacement or if it's an easy plug and play modification?

[email protected]

Thanks

John

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
oem navs are easy to find...average price i have found on craigslist is about 400-450...get that the gps antenna, vss kit, and to make it easier get a aftermarket camera and your good to go. Plug and play, then go to the dealer for programming.

geopunk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 2011 Yukon XL, and I want to do the same thing. Audiovox/Advent makes a nice looking backup camera mirror: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OO9EZA/ref=cm_pdp_wish_itm_img_5. Then, I was thinking about trying this camera/sensor combo: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acousti...=UTF8&coliid=IQ4V4TZC6HEFK&colid=PSZ8VWN0CTOT. I guess the big question is whether or not the wiring from the rear-view mirror to the camera is already there or if I have to run it myself.
The total cost of all this hardware is under $400. I also wonder if replacing an OnStar mirror would cause any bad consequences.

bigboyga

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i want to install an aftermarket backup camera in my 12 sub also. but $900!!??. are yall actually paying that much?

BP RETIRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added a Kenwood DNX-7120. By no means a brand new unit. It has Garmin, updated to most recent maps. The ability of Ipod control through face of the radio and several other features. Got it on ebay with Sirius SCC1 turner for 325.00.
DSCN5047.jpg
then I added this little gem to it....
DSCN5101.jpg
Paid $30.00 some bucks for it.
Here is a shot from a little distance. It is almost unnoticable...
DSCN5097.jpg
If you search for the back up camera now you can find it as low at $25. I have it run on a contiuous power since I pull our jet boat here and there. Its a nice little feature being able to see the boat, and having the camera assit with launching it.

Bossy70

Reaction score
I have been thinking about the following setup through Alpine...
INA-W910 Head Unit
HCE-C117D Camera
KTX-C10LP License Plate Mount
KTX-GM7-O GM Adapter

ktx-gm7-o_dash.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuchie_goddess