Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ttowntoehead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for warranty on my 2016 Tahoe LT 4wd 90k mi. Any experience with Endurance or Carshield?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consumer reports does a ranking of vehicle service contract providers every year. Car Shield and Endurance aren’t usually in the top 5 but some members here may have had good experiences. They can vary based on what you want covered.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also check for open class action lawsuits, as I believe that one of them has one against it.

From my standpoint, if you put $350+ per month away in a savings account exclusively for auto/truck repairs, you will be better off in the long run over a warranty. Yes, you have some exposure for a year or so, until you've built up sufficient funds to cover one of the more expensive repairs.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Tahoe is right at the point where bad things start to happen, and these aftermarket warranty outfits know it. As above, read the exclusions very carefully, if you can even get a quote.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also check for open class action lawsuits, as I believe that one of them has one against it.

From my standpoint, if you put $350+ per month away in a savings account exclusively for auto/truck repairs, you will be better off in the long run over a warranty. Yes, you have some exposure for a year or so, until you've built up sufficient funds to cover one of the more expensive repairs.
This is the way. We squirrel away $500/mo. in a CapitalOne account we call "Car Fund". If we're lucky, there will be enough in it when we retire to buy any car we want, for cash. I've always done this, or whatever I could afford to save.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is only consider the factory warranties. I’m assuming you can’t get a GM one to cover a used car? I know MOPAR sells warranties for used cars.

That being said I don’t have a warranty on any of my vehicles because im
Pretty handy and can fix most issues myself. But if you’re not I’d recommend a warranty. I have a 2015 Tahoe and for the few years I’ve owned it I personally fixed:

1) rear side detection modules corrupting CANbus
2)replaced 4 fuel injectors and fuel rail
3)rear lift gate actuators
4)3rd row power lift motors in seats
5)stabilization control module fried and replaced
6)air ride air compressor
7)various wiring issues
8) passenger window motor regulator.

Probably a few more. All that if you had a warranty would have paid for itself for sure.

But most warranties don’t cover these types of electronic failures. Shop wisely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikechill

Latest posts