water inside, and NO its not the normal things that have been mentioned!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snow snob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 denali

the drivers side floor get wet, ive checked the sunroof drains than those are clear, ive siliconed the rubber grommet for the E-brake and the one for the wires that go from the body to the drivers side door, AND ive had the windshield replaced even tho they told me it didnt have any signs of where the glue has seperated b/c of rust forming in the area of where the adhesive is placed.......

AND IT STILL LEAKS!!!!!!! in the same area, ive pulled the whole inside apart and can see a little bit of water coming in but i can not see from where, WTF else could it possably be? im about to pull the fender off tomo and see what else could leak? any input would be GREATLY appreciated

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be taking the carpet up as far as you can so you can see the whole floor area really well, sit in the truck and have someone on the outside spraying different areas of the truck with a hose and see if you can see water coming in to the truck when they are spraying at a certain area of the truck!! The drains for the sunroof may not be plugged and water could still come into the cab. Also, check the vented area where your wipers motors are as well!! Does it make a difference if the truck is driven in rain or does it still happen when it's parked?

OP
OP
S

snow snob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if it sits overnight and rains it will get wet, so i rigged up a garden hose and sprayed everything as if it was raining, sat in side and could see it start to get wet on the floor (with the carpet pulled up) so i did the obvious and repeat test......same thing, so i then made the hose more direct to certain spots spraying the lower left corner of the windshield (Lower left as in sitting in car looking at windshield) and i get the same result so i then had the windshield replaced/ resealed came home let it set up for two days before i tried again, when i did it again same result pulled the wiper cowl off and sprayed directly in there and nothing, i then directed the water to the out side of wiper tary as in between the fender and wiper area and somewhere in there is where its at....but what else could be in there.......only thing left is in some ungodly way theres rust in there unless there a wiring harnes in there i dont know about?

its a very slow trickle but over time it adds up so if very hard to trace with my test setup i rigged up........ive got HOURS into this thing and still no results?

OP
OP
S

snow snob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nobody else has any other ideas on this POS yukon? it will get traded in soon.....

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
check the firewall for ripped grommets and other fuse blocks and such.. also when you do the spray test... start from the bottom of the door/fender and work you way up slowly.. dont go from top to bottom..

dont trade it in because you cant find a leak.. a simple leak that your going to throw on someone else..

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the problems, I know it is frustrating. I think my sunroof drains are causing my problem, but I can't seem to locate them. I looked for them and had no luck. Where are they? In the front od the sunroof opening? I have a weathertech sunroof air guard thing, maybe that is keeping me from finding it. Can you describe where they are?

downs23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wifes yukon would only leak when parked, if it was a light rain, it would not leak. I checked the drains, both were draining when i ran the water hose on it, so i replaced the sunroof seal, still had the leak. I removed the interior trim and traced the drain hoses, I found the driver side hose was kinked a couple inches before the door jam where it would exit.

Doomsta510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any power wire running through the firewall grommet/wire-harness? Or on the door lower a pillar harness grommet? I had a similar problem when I ran my power wire from the firewall grommet or the door grommet.

strussy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah mine leaks somewhere at the sunroof can't find it. weep hole are all clear and it still leaks. water drips out of the rear climate controls esp. when i turn a corner.

CarlosDorado89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Old thread I know but to anyone who may land here thru a google search this is my story I had the same exact problem as the first post any kind of rain and it winds up in my drivers side floor carpet smelling and everything just soaking but anyways after a whole year of trying to tackle the problem myself I went to a body shop where they suggested the windsheild I never thought the windsheild but yes it was. Mine is a yukon denali too and when driving if I pressed on the windsheild I was able to hear the wind come in lol well took it to rockford auto glass and they removed and reinstalled the windsheild they said I had rust under there too so they fixed that I guess and now it seems more quiet. I will repost later to see if that stopped my leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968