Weathertech vs Husky Weatherbeater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amanduh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So after reading this long thread several times I am still VERY confused on what the consensus is..... Weathertech or Husky xacts or Husky Weatherbeaters? I ordered the weather tech from a third party seller and the second row fits terribly. They stick up and over the doors/kickplate so I am returning however I wasn't sure if they are a knock off and if I should give the weathertech another shot from their website or go with the Husky. I had weather tech in my 4Runner and they fit like a glove.... shocked to see the difference in my Yukon.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience is similar, only I switched from Weather tech on an old Explorer to Husky Weatherbeaters on a new Tahoe. The Husky liners seem to be made of slightly tougher material, but the second and third row pieces simply do not fit as well as the Weathertechs did on the Explorer. I can slide an Altoids can into the gap between the Husky liner and the middle hump at the second row, as in this picture.

The guy from Husky admitted to me that they used published dimensions from GM for the designs, and did not measure an actual Tahoe. I am beginning to wonder if the measurement specs were inaccurate. I'm not sure the Weather tech liners are any better.

NrJ51KNJnYaK7owMQOmxwKS-6zzUXQ5g6-RaInL74ZPvdZTHjcFSMCLcHj4P_XBj8R6ceFEyLi1iAySsq6FTfaesNarSXNxs5uMBtLh8lpmHKogdCrs4UsWtmZJRyiZJFPrA4q8JwRkohHtbNnrLzpiODMgpRAvxbEkefBSzHc9wGGdmfXsBEa-mkjDBcQ5oZaFttEYETjHx4fm980D8_RQdYBrBC9Ft317gbCCZSVsTE45Uo2AdF797dhrLnKRHf8tqEUvoXOLnddnX5yHVcXTff59ZhtuAt-G6F1Q-uXixXIeZrI_eQrxatbTDNhHaRrIy9uZizFZG9sUEbPtWSRkeHExuhhHqNziiageO3JyKuBK4r8EKZBmFVs669kvLSKF64g-zeXzVNbvvJpJt2uwkDjeeElmwGwdUmiO9clZUaW29SHJ3PSknT7Q4KmG3CGkmG_jllY66ySdBQgDpDNoGK7eKd02485URWXGZKaExIKPGP-IjgRGMck3qS_GETbwJKIUCJUGFkQ_XCzmJsWLZdOXRCbZ3nT7IoDIeWZI6zaQJgQ08GirV2bRy6_0k9hu6rAmZB8cVun4hP2oi5Q5E_ZpRrZ7Rgjr7hLFMVJqS8eue-w=w1095-h821-no

trapper81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought the WeatherTech's and am very happy with them. I gave a lot of thought to the Husky's, but chose the WT's over the Husky's after doing some research of my own and largely based upon the Wirecutter's review, which is pretty thorough and thoughtful as usual. They gave a lot of props to the Husky's as well and said they were the runner up. Here is a link to the review if anyone is interested: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-car-floor-mats-and-liners/

One thing I couldn't get passed on the Husky's is how shiny and glossy the plastic they use on them is. The WT's are more of a matte finish and just look more natural IMHO.

BlackDenaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put the Husky x-act contour throughout all three rows of my yukon xl and the fit and finish is phenomenal.

I have weather techs in my caddy, and have for two years, and they curl up in the edges. Fit is alright, but the x-act contour fit the yukon like a glove .

Very happy with them .

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Husky x-act contour throughout all three rows of my yukon xl and the fit and finish is phenomenal.

I have weather techs in my caddy, and have for two years, and they curl up in the edges. Fit is alright, but the x-act contour fit the yukon like a glove .

Very happy with them .
I'm beginning to think it's luck of the draw. You mention curling on the edges on your Weathertechs. Here's a shot of my 3rd row Husky:

CAqK3MpuF60SQ1h8u6a8Ko5UBeqqst5usjs9xvmvEYJzoqvfoQ9GNtqsxy7fWnuSqGv24b8KNLdErl3EfiiaIqOCT8r1r4CZyXI2569BUHsusChmBG15oY0JtD1nD26le-i2IDrjfJJsdBuZC7Hqx7dsnuQLu1O1RvXWYslmGuVvq1b5GLg5dCMG4kca-zVJNPWoExJcf2FFXudeuNH26eXmQDr1V4gR7Jzp5hP2ET29_gm1o0MENG8ERdiPMhDYB3R5BPJCC6061GRV8Ob7IweUSR5jDp8ZNM3loJ_r8usVFIzc7EO0twmkwmcumHi1h02tg84OvfgS1vjMQuQ0KMHzhUCXSuyi8g6PvcT1EPTCFxznIGOFzRfHU3dNruhYjXTD_fIXpOOX5e1nEirsm_MxoQKC3r2AVDvo62eNK8rFDWROM6pcER98TDJ-sdYCZIK38lev35dws_WqitVWDlAtO7yW-lXVwelvzg60gx6BrjVLNCbKsG3Vo7sg-xV5ocTybTMrlFmy8E_rZ_dTZgbsEFy6BWl8SNwjP30oac7PFzb7g_yslVpUisnY4JQOMtm_0_QmTL-vPnfE9tB5qzu0Nixa3kKhX6RfcNJjo5HoOnGEYA=w1226-h919-no

Yes, I realize my Husky liners are not the "Xact fit" line. If that means that it's necessary to upgrade from the already expensive Weatherbeater line in order to not have your mats curl on the edges, then that amounts to a 100% thumbs down on the brand.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely love my Husky x-act contour mats. Have them in all three rows of the Tahoe. The second row dimensions seem just a touch off but nothing like described with the bunching in the middle.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
So I have my new 2016 Suburban which came with the all weather mats from the dealer which is better than nothing but they don't have the coverage. Should,I get weather techs or Husky? I'm definitely getting them but not sure what's the best of the 2. Please let me know your opinions and what you have. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Just ordered the Husky X-act Countour for the 1st,2nd and 3rd row in black and the Husky weatherbeater for the cargo area in my 2016 Suburban. Can't wait until they come !

BlackDenaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered the Husky X-act Countour for the 1st,2nd and 3rd row in black and the Husky weatherbeater for the cargo area in my 2016 Suburban. Can't wait until they come !

That's the exact setup I have in my denali xl. You'll bee happy with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexSub