Weird 3rd row question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nuttzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried or do you think it's possible to convert them to rear facing seats. Go to the drive in movies a lot and would be cool to watch out the rear hatch sitting in the 3rd rows. Any ideas? I'm gonna inspect my 3rd rows when I get home and see if I can do it. Don't care about the folding down from the rear but the brakets to lock in would have to be turned 180 so the would lock in place. Feel free to post any comments or idears

Sancho

Reaction score
I've thought about that myself, but never actually bothered to check into it. Would the rear hatch even lift high enough to not obstruct the view?

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you are talking about little kids, I couldn't even sit in the third row because they are so low to the floor! You would have to check out the bolt patterns and see if it could be done, otherwise would have to drill some holes and put in different bolts...if they don't run into something important...like a gas tank!

OP
OP
Nuttzzy

Nuttzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't bolt to the floor tho. I was thinking maybe unbolting the bracket at the chair itself. However I think one of the levers lays the seat Down so might not work that's a big issue. Ya I think the hatch does open enough it does just sitting on the deck but that's hard as a rock. So I'm not quite sure. I'll look when I get home. I only know one way to do it if the bolt patteren dosent match. And not sure that way will work so we will see.

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Unless you are talking about little kids, I couldn't even sit in the third row because they are so low to the floor! You would have to check out the bolt patterns and see if it could be done, otherwise would have to drill some holes and put in different bolts...if they don't run into something important...like a gas tank!

I'm 5 foot so ya I'll prob fit. Gf is same hight. But in the winter would be awesome to have heater to help out.

LaxinFish29

Reaction score
Take out the third row on movie night and buy two bean bag chairs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968