Weird Electrical Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jordankreutzer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The last few days I have noticed that when I go to start my 2001 Yukon, it acts like the battery is drained. It will sluggishly crank but eventually start. When it does finally start, the tow/haul light is on which is weird because I don't use it too often and I know I'm not leaving it on before I shut the car off. (not that it matters because I'm pretty sure it resets every time you shut the car off anyway) Regardless, the light is one when I start the vehicle.

The battery could be drained because I ran a power inverter for several hours last weekend and it did have some problems starting after that which didn't surprise me. But I have driven 450 miles on the highway since then and it still has trouble starting. It should have charged itself back up by now. By the way, the volt meter on the dash is reading just a hair below 14 volts so I'm guessing it isn't the alternator.

I haven't had a chance to check the connections or put a multimeter to the batter yet to see what's really going on but if anyone has had a similar experience, it would be awesome to know what they found to be the problem.

Thanks!

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Definitely check the connections, take it to your local autozone or advance auto and have them check the battery. They can check it under load, and check to see if there is a dead cell. Im sure that since you drove it 450 miles since you drained it, it should have been charged completly by the time you parked it again.

Bottom line, my opinion is your battery is probably shot, but take it and have it checked by someone who has the right equipment, then go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx