Well its official, were having a LTZ!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditto, make them replace the motors! Great truck you'll love it! Looks sweet too.

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
We just finalized our deal on our new to us 07 Yukon XL Denali. We are really excited to get it. We will bring it home on Monday! Our passenger side power running boards won't go down, so kind same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dragthepaint

dragthepaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually got a chance to look at the boards myself while at work last night. I got the passenger side free'd up and articulating somewhat under its own power. My guess is that they have been down for such a long time that the hinges need a heavy lube and cleaning. I actually had to reset the Control Switch for the boards...they weren't getting any power (no audible clicking or grinding when doors open/close) prior to resetting the switch. Must of been disabled by original owner by pulling the battery while the doors were open.

I actually found a write up that said something about the boards can be locked out for delivery to dealerships to prevent damage when they articulate on haulers? Or at least I think thats what it said, Once I got to the reset procedure I blanked everything else in the article out. But u reset the system and then i could hear them do a small click when opening and closing doors.

So passenger side slowly works on its own, hit or miss. The driver side is a whole different animal, I believe the motor may actually be burnt up or some mechanics of the gear drive has been misaligned and causing a bind. It was dark and I was in the parking lot with a $hitty flashlight trying to look underneath. Once I get a chance to get it in the garage I will take a closer look at it, when I can get it up in the air. It is getting power I can hear it trying to engage but something is not aligned right because it doesnt even begin to move but the board flexes to a certain degree freely without the motor operating.

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
Our driver side works just fine. Our passenger side won't come down when you open the doors and no no noise of it engaging. However when you close the door about 5 seconds later you can hear a click and grind noise, seems what would be the boards trying to come back up but sense they are already up they just grind. I hit the button to turn them off and no more clicking grinding noise.
I haven't had a chance to look at the motor yet but hopefully I can figure out a way to make them work again.

OP
OP
dragthepaint

dragthepaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also found a basic troubleshooting guide in my Google search provided by AMP Research who I do believe is the manufacturer of these units. But like I said, it was basic basic.....I'm just gonna crawl underneath and see what in working with.

That is of course once this f#@%ing snow melts...this rolled in about 4pm today.IMG_20140329_233748.jpg

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
If you find out a solution or any ideas when you look at it let me know. I feel ya about the never ending snow. This winter has to end some time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate