were did you mount your HID ballast (fog lights)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just going to do my install... Cant really see a decent spot to mount the ballast.. curious to know were everyone else mounted theres.. pictures would be awsome!!!

jerseyjonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pulled mine up as high as i could stretch the wire without kinking them. there is pleanty of holes up there to zip tie them to, dont use the double sided tape alone i would not trust that for sure.

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeeah ive been hearing some ***** stories about that... allright thanks, i was kinda rushing when i posted this question, rain started to come down but now that its nice ill be able to take the time to find a proper suitable place, thanks.

tiresmokindad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just going to do my install... Cant really see a decent spot to mount the ballast.. curious to know were everyone else mounted theres.. pictures would be awsome!!!

Yes I agree. I tried to do that. And it seems so nice. :Handshake:

lorax54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed mine. Found a spot in front of the fender wells that is flat, and you can thread a fat zip tie through to hold the ballast tight. Up and out of the way. And make sure to run the zip tie around the ballast so that it goes between the two wire connections. Gives it a little bit more to hold onto incase it starts to shake loose.

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
I just installed mine. Found a spot in front of the fender wells that is flat, and you can thread a fat zip tie through to hold the ballast tight. Up and out of the way. And make sure to run the zip tie around the ballast so that it goes between the two wire connections. Gives it a little bit more to hold onto incase it starts to shake loose.

this is what i did , but I also cleaned the flat spot and used double stick tape as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou