What’s wrong with those tires on the pictures?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to mention those stock tires are the junkiest tires available. They should be gotten rid of at the first moment. Tell the dealer that you want these tires replaced or you won't buy it. It's the first thing you'll do if you do buy it.
This right here…… spot in…

Why GM is charging insane amounts of money for these rigs new and putting the cheapest, crappiest tires on them blows my mind….. get rid of those Bridgestones… there’s a reason why they’re nicknamed “brickstones”

Last edited:

Kehoelaw1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey,

has anyone an idea what might have caused the tires to wire out unevenly? Those are the 2 rear tires. Front looks like normal but back is much more worn out. Not just on the sides but tire tread overall.

Is this an alignment issue or could it be something else? Brake calipers are pretty rusty but brakes seem to work completely fine. Can’t tell any difference.

It’s a used Escalade I’m interested in purchasing it. Thanks
Mine are doing the same thing on the edges. 2022 Tahoe with 41k miles on it. From what I've read, those Bridgestone Alenza tires are trash and wear quickly. I rotate frequently and my driving habits didn't create the cracking. I'm replacing soon.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be some underinflation there too especially if they were up front. I keep my tires at 37 psi cold, will go to 40 when good and hot. Goodyears are wearing perfect, maybe a bit too fast though.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned in a post a while ago...... I had Yokohama on my '05 Yukon. 4 years later I needed new rubber. I went to Discount Tire. They suggested to wait a month.... The Michelin's will have their ' 4 times a year ' discount coupon. My Yokohama's were worn out, and the rubber was hard.
25,000 miles... But Yokohama's warranty is only for 4 years..... not mileage warranty after 4 years.
I love the Michelins !!

Gearz

Reaction score
Looks like toe-in which means the tire are scrubbing on the road surface you may also have to much positive camber. You need a alignment!

snives

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like toe-in which means the tire are scrubbing on the road surface you may also have to much positive camber. You need an alignment!
When i’m at the track (in the race car, not the tahoe, haha) I can get that same pattern if I scrub the tire too hard and overheat the rubber. I think it’s called graining. I would say that is indicative of a previous test drive peeling out around a corner more than of anything else. As others have said the tires have dry rot anyways so you’ll want to replace anyways. As for the rear of the Tahoe, it’s a solid axle so there isn’t any camber adjustment to be had.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I gonna replace them with Michelin tires anyways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gotatahoe