What 3rd row seat is this????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tengelman

Reaction score
Hello!

I have this 3rd row seat (I hope it is a third row...) and tried to install it in my 2005 Tahoe like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rek18Y3qmk

unfortunately it came out that this seat has only 3 Point where to install the brackets (see pics). Can anyone tell me if there was different mounting Points? Or is this seat from a suburban or other year??? the design Looks like the seats in my 2005 tahoe....

What can I do?

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 50
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 45
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 43
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 44
  • s5.jpg
    s5.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 43

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a suburban or Yukon XL seat (long wheel base).

Won't work in a Tahoe or Yukon (short wheel base)

OP
OP
tengelman

tengelman

Reaction score
"verdammt"!

I thought the seats are the same in Sub and Tahoe.
So I have to wait for another seat.....not easy to find one here in Germany.

Thank you anyway! :roflbow:

Edit:
Ist this seat compatible from 2000-2006 and 2007+?
Or only 2000-2006?

andrewg29

Reaction score
These look like the seats out of an 00-02 tahoe. I know the changed the seat material and sew lines in 03-06 maybe that's why it won't fit they may have changed the mounting brackets too.

OP
OP
tengelman

tengelman

Reaction score
no. The mounting Points are the same before the Facelift in 2003. arent they?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I "think" the mounting points are the same in 00-02 and 03-06, but the pattern in the leather changed.

Adan Rodriguez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did anyone have a final answer if the the seat is an XL model that will not fit the shorter models? I'm having the same issue right now. The mounting brackets do not align with the seat brackets.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone have a final answer if the the seat is an XL model that will not fit the shorter models? I'm having the same issue right now. The mounting brackets do not align with the seat brackets.
Yes this seat is From a long wheel base. The seat from the short wheel base is a split bench so the mounting brackets and and mounting points in the floor are different from where they are for the non split bench from the longer wheel base.

JohnnyWc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These seats can be used in any tahoe, I installed an suburban non split seat In an tahoe I had few years back, you will have to move rear bracket an bit and only put on bolt in, if you tap two holes you will drill into your coolent line for rear heater core, but its more of in pain to install, there are some write ups online I found on this, worth the look if you cant find split seats!

Yates_III

Reaction score
These seats can be used in any tahoe, I installed an suburban non split seat In an tahoe I had few years back, you will have to move rear bracket an bit and only put on bolt in, if you tap two holes you will drill into your coolent line for rear heater core, but its more of in pain to install, there are some write ups online I found on this, worth the look if you cant find split seats!

I put these exact same seats in my 03 Z71. Couldn't find split seats so i moved the release bracket to the right side and took the original right side bracket off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuchie_goddess