What are you doing about uncomfortable seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I own a 2021 Tahoe High Country and the car is great. No issues whatsoever. However, on longer road trips it gives me back pain. Sometimes really bad. Sometimes it's fine. I feel like I have to change the seat settings every time. I actually bought it for long distance trips but the seats are way less comfortable than I thought. So thinking about trading it it for something more comfortable.

Feels like even the Yukon SLT seats are way more comfy which I don't get as this is a trim level below the High Country. Same for the Tahoe Premier. Seats seem to be comfy but the High Country and Denali Seats suck.

I wonder what your take is on the seats and what you did about uncomfortable seats. It's pretty ridiculous to change a car just because of the seats but that is a huge factor for me and so I'm looking into the Escalade right and Yukon SLT now. Before I pull the trigger, I wanted to see what other people did in such a situation.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that the Yukon SLT has different seats(other than the covers) than any other trim in the GMC/Chevy lineup.
I find it hard, too. But they're definately softer and more comfy. I had the Yukon SLT as a rental for 10 days and enjoyed every day of driving it. I was more excited to drive the rental car than my own Tahoe High Country, lol

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Man, I own a 2021 Tahoe High Country and the car is great. No issues whatsoever. However, on longer road trips it gives me back pain. Sometimes really bad. Sometimes it's fine. I feel like I have to change the seat settings every time. I actually bought it for long distance trips but the seats are way less comfortable than I thought. So thinking about trading it it for something more comfortable.

Feels like even the Yukon SLT seats are way more comfy which I don't get as this is a trim level below the High Country. Same for the Tahoe Premier. Seats seem to be comfy but the High Country and Denali Seats suck.

I wonder what your take is on the seats and what you did about uncomfortable seats. It's pretty ridiculous to change a car just because of the seats but that is a huge factor for me and so I'm looking into the Escalade right and Yukon SLT now. Before I pull the trigger, I wanted to see what other people did in such a situation.
Since you do not experience the back pain till on longer trips, how would you know what to buy?

I know for a fact and many other GMT800 owners here will say the same, they have the most comfortable seats.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you do not experience the back pain till on longer trips, how would you know what to buy?

I know for a fact and many other GMT800 owners here will say the same, they have the most comfortable seats.
I did a 24 hour test drive and was sitting hours in the seats. So I feel good about it

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the gm cloth seats have always been more comfortable, leather is just for looks and the padding is different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrackDaddy

Latest posts