what are you guys getting for MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only down fall to unplugging the A/C fuse is the compressor wont trun on when the defrost turns on. You may ask is that really a problem. Well it could be because they have it set that way to keep the orings in the system lubricated. If it does not turn on for long periods of time the orings can dry out and when you need the A/C there is no coolant in the lines and vents will not blow icey cool air. If you have been doing this and it hasnt happened yet concider yourself very lucky.

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
i guess i never really thought about it that way... you are probably right at least mine hasnt been unplugged too long i might just go out and plug it in now lol i just figured it would save some wear and tear on the compressor.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess i never really thought about it that way... you are probably right at least mine hasnt been unplugged too long i might just go out and plug it in now lol i just figured it would save some wear and tear on the compressor.

I used to have a couple of old cars way way way back that had a/c and it didnt enguage when the defrost went on and every few years I had to get the orings replaced and recharged.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me beinig a newbie you should probably take this with a grain of salt. Not knowing what mods you've done, i would think getting it tuned up, and then a BB tune would help. The 22's possibly affecting some of your MPG as well. IMO!

yea i thought that also... so i did a full tune up... I don't have any serious mods so i wouldn't think my MPG would be so bad... right now i have my stock winter wheels on and i still get the same ****** mileage...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts