what are you guys getting for MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the stock 5.3 and stock wheels, 3.73 gears, I was getting about 14-15mpg around city iirc.

vwbeaner

Reaction score
13ish combined city/highway, no matter how i drive. but i just realized that I always have my defroster on which keeps my a/c on all the time. I hope it will go up when i change some stuff around.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about the AC Compressor. I know its posible to unplug the AC Compressor but will it set a check engine light or something?

I get 14.9 consistantly with my Hoe. I have seen an occasional 16-16.5 out of it thou

00 Hoe 5.3 AWD (in 2 wheel drive mode)

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I avg around 13.5-14.5 city/hwy. Hope to change that slightly with a TB cleaning, MAF cleaning, and a high performance drop in air filter. Waiting for the next BB tune either in Texas or close to texas in driving range. Will get a AEM CAI and then get Justin to tune her for me.

dstratltr450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the country and my short trips gets me about 14.2 in the summer and only like 13.2 in the winter. highway trip can get up to 16. 02 5.3l hoe

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha i wish i could get what you guys get... this is just more proof there is something wrong with my nali and i have no clue what is bogging it down.... the best i can get this pig to do is 12mpg mixed....

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha i wish i could get what you guys get... this is just more proof there is something wrong with my nali and i have no clue what is bogging it down.... the best i can get this pig to do is 12mpg mixed....

Me beinig a newbie you should probably take this with a grain of salt. Not knowing what mods you've done, i would think getting it tuned up, and then a BB tune would help. The 22's possibly affecting some of your MPG as well. IMO!

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
I was wondering about the AC Compressor. I know its posible to unplug the AC Compressor but will it set a check engine light or something?

)

I unplug mine in the winter and my dad does his too this is my first winter doing it and his 5th both are nbs trucks my yukon and he has a sierra and neither of us get any lights when we unplug the compressor he says it is a good idea since you wont use the ac in the colder months anyways keeps it from being kicked on all the time when its unnecessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts