What did I just buy??... HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember the guy that sold all of those reverse cameras to everyone? Well I was browsing ebay and he had more stuff posted. An "Aux Interface for GM Radios" posted. So I was like well, what the hell... ill buy it.

I am guess it is for hooking up an auxillary cable to the stock radio unit? Shoot idk, it was for $20... maybe I should research stuff before I push the "buy now" button huh?

Can anyone let me know what this is?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Aux-Interface-for-GM-Radio-Model-SVG-707_W0QQitemZ330374432775QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item4cebd9c807

Picture:
BeRKI5gWkKGrHqIOKjgEr6M9d80BK8jrfIi.jpg

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what it is but I think it's funny as hell that you bought it.
Just hold on to it when you get it and i'm sure somebody would buy it from you maybe on here,ebay or craigslist.

--Update--
Ok I found out what you just brought....it's an adapter to let you connect Ipods,dvd players,etc to the stock headunit. Seems to me like you got a good deal on it, I found them advertised from $69-$119

Here's one of the links I found....god I love google!
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=617

Last edited:

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's if you wanna add a DVD player/screen sumwhere and have it run off of your headunit, or if you have stock DVD/nav, you could maybe add another screen.
$20 is a good price for a mystery package tho I guess

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks like an amplifier for speakers. thats my guess.
"The SVG-707 is designed to interface with and control the audio output of an aftermarket video or audio system through GM radio’s AUX port." probably an aftermarket amplifier for your rear speakers.

OP
OP
L

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I am hoping it is a connection that I can connect my ipod to my stock radio with. I think I am done with aftermarket DD systems. I have had 3 stolen all this year. Twice in my Silverado then once in the Yukon. No matter how much steel I use to build my cage they always seem to be able to take it out. The last person took it out in 10 seconds. I know because that is how long it took me to run out the building to see why my alarm was going off!

exitstance

Reaction score
You should be able to hook any audio output into those rca's. Ipod should work just need the cabe from radio shack. My girlfriend has rca plugs in the center console in her sts and we use the ipod all the time.

Looks like a good buy.

OP
OP
L

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got my tracking #! I should be getting it on the 18th. I wonder what it will turn out to be :D

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you must live in a ridiculously bad area if youve gotten your DD stolen three times in the past year.... do you just have a factory alarm or a good aftermarket one?

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

and seeing your from houston, you must live on the southside to be getting all your **** jacked that much...
we went there a few years back to go to the Los Magnificos car show that they have every year and my boy got his 96 impala on 22in Davins stolen from the hotel we were staying at...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dod5-3-6L80e

Latest posts