What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the transmission shop at 7:45am picked it up at 11:45am drove it three blocks and took it back to the transmission shop at 11:55. Still not fixed.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the transmission shop at 7:45am picked it up at 11:45am drove it three blocks and took it back to the transmission shop at 11:55. Still not fixed.

Oh dude that sucks ... I remember you've been dealing with this since before the meet.

I hope they're not charging you every time you have to take it back. :(

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats wrong?

Lets see... The NSS (Neutral Safety Switch) went bad and burned up the trans so I had a complete Overhaul done with shift kit and corvette servo... Drove it 800 miles with no issues even went to the Austin Meet. Then got home and it messed up again so back to the shop it went. Found out the NSS was bad again. They fixed it and everything worked fine but....

The truck wouldn't start in park only in Neutral and I could shift out of park without pushing on the brake pedal so back she went to the shop this morning. Once again it was another faulty NSS. I should get her back tomorrow afternoon. Thank god I have a warranty on this transmission 3yrs/ 100,000miles which ever comes first.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
yea whats up?

Geeze, Noone checks this after the Initial complaint and repair has been preformed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou