What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
97$ shipped for both kits.

45 mins knockin steel underbody out of the way (04 Denali AWD) to clear piston.
Used 12" flat blade punch to move steel and a sharp 12" flat blade puch to cut through one tack weld.

Cant unbolt trans rear mount and move it a 1/4 inch. 6.0 and full drive train is impossible to move with out breaking stuff.. If i get off my lazy ass Ill take a pic of where and what I had to move and remove as far as the 1 inch of steel underbody to get pistion to come out.

10 mins to dissasembly and reassemble of servo assembly, 3 mins to get into trans. 15 mins to fight the circlip back into its grove.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swapped out my plain black door moldings for the nail/ltz ones:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Hit a bad pothole on my way back from camping and noticed really bad pulling in the front end. Took it to the alignment shop and found out that I have a bad pitman arm, Idler arm and tie-rods. My Dad who is a ASE certified mechanic double checked and confirmed that my front end needs a complete overhaul. Even my bushings are wasted. On top of everything else, My rear diff. seal is leaking near the pinion yoke as well as leaking from the right axle seal.

So now the Tahoe sits outside until I feel like dealing with it. My buddy wants to buy it off of me for $11,500 as is....... It's very tempting at the moment.

Last edited:

Night Fury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit a bad pothole on my way back from camping and noticed really bad pulling in the front end. Took it to the alignment shop and found out that I have a bad pitman arm, Idler arm and tie-rods. My Dad who is a ASE certified mechanic double checked and confirmed that my front end needs a complete overhaul. Even my bushings are wasted. On top of everything else, My rear diff. seal is leaking near the pinion yoke as well as leaking from the right axle seal.

So now the Tahoe sits outside until I feel like dealing with it. My buddy wants to buy it off of me for $11,500 as is....... It's very tempting at the moment.

dang man that sucks. im sorry to hear that. your truck is one my favorite's on here too! :( good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100