What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta have a specific thickness to get the quench nice and tight.
I was targeting a .040 quench.
My piston is .010 below the top of the block.
so a .030 thickness gasket.

I bought the one and only one of those that anyone had in stock!
Cometic C5489-030 Cometic MLS Head Gaskets | Summit Racing

then back ordered the other one, est ship date of 6/16. so I figured yeah that's about right!

so my alternative is a .027 thickness head gasket.
So my quench will be .037.

Googling around, it seems the Minimum recommended is .035

Cutting it close, but the gasket is in stock...

that also raises my CR even more, ugg!

And who knows, maybe the .030 gasket will show up before i'm ready to actually install the heads...
Nobody carries them in stock from what I read. According to Cometic all their head gaskets are made to order. Summits site says the same thing.

Production Notice: All Cometic Gaskets are made to order. Currently, we are experiencing a delayed 5 Week Production Time + Shipping Time on all orders. By placing an order, you agree to these terms.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I put some AC Delco radiator tabs in mine on April 13th. The smell of hot coolant is now gone. I suspected a weeping tank seal.

I have never even heard of these. That is pretty wild.

In the old days I heard old timers talk about adding black pepper to the radiator to temporarily seal up leaks.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Thanks George, I saw them when I Google them earlier.

Fortunately I have no use for them currently as I recently swapped out my leaking radiator for the all aluminum Cold Case radiator. I also have the Gruven billet heater core T-connectors and the Dorman aluminum Y-connector for down by the water pump. All of the above has effectively got rid of all the plastic in the cooling system that is prone to getting brittle and cracking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100