What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when I flew into Sacramento a couple years ago, we stopped at the Walmart up the street from the airport and I was surprised they had mobile cameras up in the parking lot that were police things. Cop at the entrance. Felt very strange to me.
Yep have one of those 2 blocks from me and this is one of the safer area's, that thing has like 8 camera's on it or something like that and a blue light that runs 24/7, it has loudspeakers on it and they use those for the covid announcements every 30 seconds or so, it was turned up so loud the HOA had to go over ask tell them to turn it down the people closer to the store could hear it inside there house

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That’s a possibility I hadn’t considered, but I don’t think so. I believe the code takes a certain number of start cycles to set, and it’s only taking a couple of days as much driving as I’m doing. And it did not present for a long time after the fuel pump replacement.

I read somewhere before the vent valves are susceptible to clogging with dust in dirty environments. And that’s all it has seen for a while. I’m not even going to look at it until we leave the desert and I can get the underside cleaned. It’s a filthy mess under there.

It takes two failed evap cycles to set the MIL. The first failed one will set a pending code, and the second one lights up the money light.

After we fixed my evap leak it took only one cycle to turn off the MIL; that made me so happy after the parts shotgun was empty and the fuel pump gasket got changed. Not by itself.

There are certain requirements for the evap test to even run; I can't put my hands on the exact ones right now. But one is that the fuel tank levels needs to be between about 1/4 and 3/4 tanks (I've also read 1/8 and 7/8). IIRC the other is that some of the temps like engine coolant and IAT, etc. need to be within a certain window of absolute temp as well as a small window relative to each other. For temps I've found that a cold start in the summer will allow the evap test to run. YMMV

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep have one of those 2 blocks from me and this is one of the safer area's, that thing has like 8 camera's on it or something like that and a blue light that runs 24/7, it has loudspeakers on it and they use those for the covid announcements every 30 seconds or so, it was turned up so loud the HOA had to go over ask tell them to turn it down the people closer to the store could hear it inside there house
Being from small town Tennessee, it was a shock. That said, I've traveled every state in the US. First time seeing that. You live in a beautiful state though. Sucks it's turn into what it has

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being from small town Tennessee, it was a shock. That said, I've traveled every state in the US. First time seeing that. You live in a beautiful state though. Sucks it's turn into what it has
I have lived in small towns, one high school I went to had 260 students, the next school in a town nearby had 16 students, when you live in a place like that your world becomes very small everybody knows everybody, then turned around and went to a high school with 1900 students and everyone is a stranger unless there a classmate

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have lived in small towns, one high school I went to had 260 students, the next school in a town nearby had 16 students, when you live in a place like that your world becomes very small everybody knows everybody, then turned around and went to a high school with 1900 students and everyone is a stranger unless there a classmate

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya in the smaller school there was one guy named "Ned", Ned was the weirdo and was mentally disturbed, Ned carried knives and would chase you thru the whole school if you antagonized him, did I ? lol, well of course I could run faster then Ned., He would have been a Columbine canidate nowadays, how they manage to slip by everyone is beyond me.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya in the smaller school there was one guy named "Ned", Ned was the weirdo and was mentally disturbed, Ned carried knives and would chase you thru the whole school if you antagonized him, did I ? lol, well of course I could run faster then Ned., He would have been a Columbine canidate nowadays, how they manage to slip by everyone is beyond me.

Because of PC. It's regressive and oppressive to segregate and deny a poor soul the freedom to express themselves and their violent beliefs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968