What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this one is at least 4 years old. It's an advance auto gold. I can't remember when I bought it though
Keep your receipts. I bought a Duralast Gold that only lasted a year and a half but had a 5 year warranty. So they gave me a new one but the warranty transfers over so it's only the remaining 3 1/2 years on it. But better than shelling out the money on a new one. This is the battery #3 I installed in this in the 4 or 5 years I have owned it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep your receipts. I bought a Duralast Gold that only lasted a year and a half but had a 5 year warranty. So they gave me a new one but the warranty transfers over so it's only the remaining 3 1/2 years on it. But better than shelling out the money on a new one. This is the battery #3 I installed in this in the 4 or 5 years I have owned it.

Good advice. I always put a copy of the receipt in the glovebox so it's available no matter where the battery dies. A lot of batteries have month and year indicators, and the installer should be marking those. But DIY it's probably not gonna happen, then you have nothing but the receipt to prove the purchase date. Failing that, the warranty probably starts on the battery's mfr. date.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good advice. I always put a copy of the receipt in the glovebox so it's available no matter where the battery dies. A lot of batteries have month and year indicators, and the installer should be marking those. But DIY it's probably not gonna happen, then you have nothing but the receipt to prove the purchase date.
Yah I keep any receipts from parts with warranties in a envelope in my center console. And I check that date sticker religiously before I walk out the door because I got burned that way a few times. Same thing with the boat deep cycle batteries I replace.

Taught my kids to watch that sticker too on their batteries. My one daughter's is actually 2 years past her date now so she has been real lucky but I am waiting for that shoe to drop LOL.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to buy the Sear's diehard agm's when they used odyssey, then for a while they stopped carrying them and switched to another supplier and so I just bought the odyssey brand but have now switched over to interstate agm, costco seemed to have the best price. Haven't noticed any difference in battery performance between the regular charging and RVC controlled. I have more faith in the AGM versus a standard battery, the standard seem to just die out of the blue whereas the AGM will slowly get weak and give you a chance to replace.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to buy the Sear's diehard agm's when they used odyssey, then for a while they stopped carrying them and switched to another supplier and so I just bought the odyssey brand but have now switched over to interstate agm, costco seemed to have the best price. Haven't noticed any difference in battery performance between the regular charging and RVC controlled. I have more faith in the AGM versus a standard battery, the standard seem to just die out of the blue whereas the AGM will slowly get weak and give you a chance to replace.
Hmm. What's different with our trucks charging system that makes the agm not a good idea? I read quite a bit before I made the post and the only I really saw was you could go from flooded battery to agm, but if your oe battery was agm, you had to stay the course

I know you weren't the one that said it wasn't good, but you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge in areas like this

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. What's different with our trucks charging system that makes the agm not a good idea? I read quite a bit before I made the post and the only I really saw was you could go from flooded battery to agm, but if your oe battery was agm, you had to stay the course

I know you weren't the one that said it wasn't good, but you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge in areas like this
I had some problem's before with the odyssey but it was a bad battery, not bad enough to warranty though so I sold them and bought the interstate's since I run dual batteries I needed 2 fresh one's. After installing new batteries everything went back to working properly. The problem I was having was with the RVC and I think (guessing) that it was because of the battery being bad it would go into low charge mode even if I had everything turned on, seat heater, defrost, lights, wipers, etc.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some problem's before with the odyssey but it was a bad battery, not bad enough to warranty though so I sold them and bought the interstate's since I run dual batteries I needed 2 fresh one's. After installing new batteries everything went back to working properly. The problem I was having was with the RVC and I think (guessing) that it was because of the battery being bad it would go into low charge mode even if I had everything turned on, seat heater, defrost, lights, wipers, etc.
Well, considering the standard battery is what it came with, and I typically get 4-5 years out of them, I'm going to save the $50 and just go back with the standard one. Thanks to all of you for your replies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365