What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also am running the Torque Pro app via ODBII dongle. It's showing the same oil pressure as the dash gauge, so I'm ruling out a bad cluster at this point.

With the engine off, key in ON postion the gauge sits at ~25 psi. It should be 0psi, yes?

When I'm driving today, it's as if yesterday's normal operating pressure range has been shifted up ~25 psi.
the sensor is easy to change "if" you use a oil pressure sensor socket, you can go right in from the top, just experiment with a couple different size adapters and it should be a piece of cake, if you cant get the clip loose use a pick tool.
how often do you change the oil?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sensor is easy to change "if" you use a oil pressure sensor socket, you can go right in from the top, just experiment with a couple different size adapters and it should be a piece of cake, if you cant get the clip loose use a pick tool.
how often do you change the oil?
What is physically different between a regular deep-well socket vs. the sensor socket? Could I get a deep-well, and slice out a vertical section like a homemade O2 sensor socket?

I changed it yesterday, with the ECU saying the Oil Life was at 38%. My oil catch can was half full, and it's only been on there for a couple months.

Since I work from home I don't put a ton a miles on the 5.3, but IIRC. I changed it last on Sept. 7 2021, it was dark then, and dark again now. I used Mobil 1 5w-30 synthetic, this time Castrol GTX 5w-30 synthetic with AC Delco filter.

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is physically different between a regular deep-well socket vs. the sensor socket? Could I get a deep-well, and slice out a vertical section like a homemade O2 sensor socket?

I changed it yesterday, with the ECU saying the Oil Life was at 38%. My oil catch can was half full, and it's only been on there for a couple months.

Since I work from home I don't put a ton a miles on the 5.3, but IIRC. I changed it last on Sept. 7 2021, it was dark then, and dark again now. I used Mobil 1 5w-30 synthetic, this time Castrol GTX 5w-30 synthetic with AC Delco filter.
You just need a deep well socket for the sensor. I think some sockets are little longer than others but the one my buddy had worked fine. Its the depth of the socket that matters. Thats the only thing special about the sensor socket

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The oil pressure sensor socket is thin wall so it will fit down in there without hitting anything around it, the harness is not the problem it just unclips off the top, it's not like a 02 sensor

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not a slotted socket. The sender doesn't have sharp points where the socket slips on; see pic below. Sometimes the sender is too close to the intake to use a regular 1-1/16" socket; the socket walls are too thick. That said, you could get a new sender and test fit your socket choice. The sender socket isn't that expensive.

1647878668163.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I were in the market, these would be my choice. 22s.

Those look nice, but don't come in 20". I'm wanting to stick with 20's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simpleman76667