What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I have been watching youtube vids about fixing the driverside lumbar and the seat cushion...

Lumbar looks like i probably lost the lil plastic gears in the motor since i just hear the motor running.

The place that sells those aluminum heater fittings also seems to sell the little gears.

Then the foam seat bottom...
The passenger side, i love thst seat.

Soft, and so nice on my bum.

Seems most of the aftermarket available options are this "denser" foam.

Has anyone ever done that?
I'm curious how it feels vs the oem foam...

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been watching youtube vids about fixing the driverside lumbar and the seat cushion...

Lumbar looks like i probably lost the lil plastic gears in the motor since i just hear the motor running.

The place that sells those aluminum heater fittings also seems to sell the little gears.

I suspect the softness of the seat you're experiencing is most likely due to the age of the foam. My 2007 and 2012 XL Denali's are optioned identically as far as the interior goes, apart from color. The seats in the 2007 are noticeably softer, which I attribute to the foam being 5 years older with 100K more miles on them. Interestingly, I prefer the seats in the 2012 because they're more supportive.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I suspect the softness of the seat you're experiencing is most likely due to the age of the foam. My 2007 and 2012 XL Denali's are optioned identically as far as the interior goes, apart from color. The seats in the 2007 are noticeably softer, which I attribute to the foam being 5 years older with 100K more miles on them. Interestingly, I prefer the seats in the 2012 because they're more supportive.

I was reading that the oem foam compresses over time.

Usually the seat bolster gets flattened, that then starts to cause the leather to fold on it self.

Then the leather starts to fail.

Mine is doing that.
Leather is still good, other than a small tear on the vinyl side.

So I'm thinking, I'll just do the foam for now.
I'm happy enough with the leather.

I'm probably going to go with the "durafoam".

Oem is about 2x the price... lol

As for supporting, the passenger side is mint.
Feels fantastic on the back and butt.

My wifes 11 buick is more of what i would say is supportive.

It's nice, but the seats in the tahoe are another level for me.

Then the seats in my brother in laws 2021 ford 350 platinum.
Very nice, has all of the features, even massaging!!

Still what i consider supportive, firm, etc.

I still like the passenger side in the hoemare better.
But his are a very close second... lol

But you know me, I over think things.
But this way i usually don't regret my decision.

I also saw where they suggest using a steamer to bring back the foam if you don't wish to "upgrade"

I'm tempted to try it while i have the back of the seat dissembled to fix the lumbar adjustment.

But then there is this nagging, "while I'm in there".. lol

I have a good month before i have the tahoe back on the road, and i can't do the seats until i have power reconnected anyways.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an E85 station 1.6 miles from my house. On my 5.3 i can barely notice any performance gains other than lower fuel economy. It's pretty random when i decide to fill up on it. I think you'll get better results by adding one of those sensors that continuously measure ethanol content.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't even think of doing that. Gonna wipe off that mess and try that
Spray it with purple power, hose it off, wipe it all down so it's clean as a whistle, tighten it up and then check it daily or weekly to see if it still leaks I think there is a o-ring in there not 100% sure, could be the actuator leaking internally. @George B can confirm he just worked on his recently.

Reaction score
Let's see some video of the strobe action. :)
I'll get one when it's a bit darker outside. If it's not raining this evening I'll get one.

One thing I noticed with all lights strobing, since I have my fogs wired to come on automatically when parking lights are on, they don't strobe and just stay on.

Also in the setup menu, you can select just front lights strobe, just rear lights strobe, or all lights strobe.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just put one in mine from Seat shop. I hated it at first but it's breaking in and feeling better now after 2 months. I need the one for the seat back now and can't find one. That is worn down to the steel supports. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson