What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Chevron, $144.68 for 27.3 gallons of 93. A new record! I plugged in the OBDII adapter and fired up the Torque Pro app on the way to the gas station. LTFTs were at ZERO for most of the drive which is a first for this truck. Tightening those bolts and nuts on the throttle body must've done the trick. Same thing on the way home after the computer re-computed for the new fuel, which was same as before, .34% ethanol. Truck was getting 23-24 mpg at 66 mph! She never done that before! Happy Camper!

Oh, an no more cutting out, tightening the positive cable on the battery did the trick! Right before this happened I took the adapter off the terminals for the Battery Tender for reasons lost to me and forgot that I did it! The terminals were obviously not tightened enough and caused these gremlins since March.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday i changed the filter to inspect and getting ready for another breakin run.

Running the fresh transmission through it's paces, and seating those fresh piston rings.

Then while getting ready for a drive up the canyon, i went to connect my phone via blue tooth to the radio.

I tried to set the audio input on the deck (pioneer avic 5201), and suddenly it freezes.
Then reboots.
Then gets stuck in a reboot loop.

Turns out this is a documented issue.

They use a sd card to run the software on the deck.
Over time, that sd card can fail and become corrupt.

So i took the radio out, pulled off the front panel to find the sd card.

Hoping i can recover something, especially since that radio is how i find our property... ugg.

Anyways, luckly there are a few that have figured this out on some forums, and even sell replacement sd cards loaded with the factory software.
ya I recently replaced the sd card in the wifes pioneer deck, unfornutely when you do that it has to be factory reset the old card is ***** junk, they fail just like hard drives. her's was not a navigatiion unit so not sure if the gps data would be affected or not, you might be able to replace the software sd card boot up and retrieve gps cordinates before resetting it, if you do not reset it then it's like a frankenstien job
if you carry a android phone you can go into google maps and hit the menu button and look at your location history it may have the gps data as well even if there is no cell service.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little extra oil never hurt these engines.
The Husqvarna stuff seems good too

Nah. The weaker mix ratios reduces emissions, but at the expense of engine life. Some of the newer stuff can clog if there's too much oil.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nah. The weaker mix ratios reduces emissions, but at the expense of engine life. Some of the newer stuff can clog if there's too much oil.
I have seen that happen too.
I have to have two mixes on hand. 16:1 for my old LawnBoy mower and then 40:1 for everything else. My Stihl saw takes 40:1 and all my Echo stuff is 50:1. I refuse to mix three cans of gas. They all run great.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that modern 2-cycle engines aren't designed with a separate oil reservoir and an oil pump, like my first motorcycle, the old Kawaski 350 twin. Maybe it's lack of space or too many additional parts, but it sure would be more convenient if the pump metered the oil and you didn't have to mix.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that modern 2-cycle engines aren't designed with a separate oil reservoir and an oil pump, like my first motorcycle, the old Kawaski 350 twin. Maybe it's lack of space or too many additional parts, but it sure would be more convenient if the pump metered the oil and you didn't have to mix.
A lot of those in the 70s and '80s were designed that way, a separate oil tank and injection pump.
And a lot of those systems had issues and would end up starving the engine and seizing it.
But I'm sure also like you said, additional parts, complexity, and weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson