What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's the piece that goes around the hood hinge at the bottom of the windshield, it's plastic but part of it is rubber like, I thought the rubber part was glued on but it looks more like it changes from plastic to rubber-ish, this is the top side bottom has 3 clips, left & right are different shape
View attachment 370519
I believe the part is called the camel t0e

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I take a vehicle to a dealer for service, I remember why I don't unless I'm forced to, and normally do my own work. Picked up the 2007 yesterday and the 2012 this morning after having the airbag recall done on both of them. On the 2007, they wrecked one of the center vents and ruined the brushed chrome trim with a dollop of sealant that ate away the finish (see pic). The bottom vent fin was bent upward and displaced, but I was able to reseat it. Hopefully it will straighten out. I showed the service manager who said they would fix it but I'll have to take it back.

With the 2012, I drove from the dealer to pick up our camper this morning, and the engine died on me with the camper hooked up as I was pulling onto a main road. All electrics went dark at the same time. Luckily I was able drift it backwards into the road I was trying to pull out of while people behind me honked their horns. Popped the hood and both battery cables were loose and could be wiggled by hand. Grabbed a 10mm combination wrench from my toolkit and snugged them down. No more problems on the way home.

This is why we can't have nice things.

1652880214205.png

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I take a vehicle to a dealer for service, I remember why I don't unless I'm forced to, and normally do my own work. Picked up the 2007 yesterday and the 2012 this morning after having the airbag recall done on both of them. On the 2007, they wrecked one of the center vents and ruined the brushed chrome trim with a dollop of sealant that ate away the finish (see pic). The bottom vent fin was bent upward and displaced, but I was able to reseat it. Hopefully it will straighten out. I showed the service manager who said they would fix it but I'll have to take it back.

With the 2012, I drove from the dealer to pick up our camper this morning, and the engine died on me with the camper hooked up as I was pulling onto a main road. All electrics went dark at the same time. Luckily I was able drift it backwards into the road I was trying to pull out of while people behind me honked their horns. Popped the hood and both battery cables were loose and could be wiggled by hand. Grabbed a 10mm combination wrench from my toolkit and snugged them down. No more problems on the way home.

View attachment 370533
That's a pretty bad track record for you to take both in and they screw up both! I'd be pissed enough to ring that on up the corporate ladder. Not that it'd make a difference, most likely, but would make me feel better and just hope that a higher up cares enough about customer service to take some action.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 370533
Bunch of hacks!
Part of the reason I still haven't taken mine in for that...
I wish they would just give me the damn airbag so I could do it myself.
Looks like maybe I'll take apart everything they need to access it and then give it to them so they don't actually have to touch anything.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 370533
exactly why I took mine off before I took it to the dealer, I took the whole wide trim piece, dic switch and the last vent on the right off and left them at home. emptied the glove box and dropped it down. so all they had to do was remove the 4 bolts, pop the airbag xmas tree harness holder out and pull the airbag out. all those pieces have to come off to replace the inflator.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty bad track record for you to take both in and they screw up both! I'd be pissed enough to ring that on up the corporate ladder. Not that it'd make a difference, most likely, but would make me feel better and just hope that a higher up cares enough about customer service to take some action.
I figured they would have the low guy on the totem pole back there doing them who is in a hurry, it's not his vehicle, nor cares, and probably doesn't even own a plastic trim tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21DenaliXL