What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I replaced both the foam and seat cover. I sit about 1" higher now due to the new foam.
Bummer though. That gear I showed was for the driver's rear end seat lift. I replaced with Gruven brass gears. Doesn't seem to be binding, but it seems the motor doesn't have enough oomph to raise my 195Lb butt. I have to stand outside to raise the seat. Goes down with my rear on it. Do the motors get weak?
Thought I would post an update. Back in March i asked Gruven about it and they offered a refund on the gears, but I already had it JB Welded on, so. I noticed last week that the seat does now lift with me sitting on it, before I would have to stand outside. During installation it did not seem to bind. My guess is the motor was weak and has recovered.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Thought I would post an update. Back in March i asked Gruven about it and they offered a refund on the gears, but I already had it JB Welded on, so. I noticed last week that the seat does now lift with me sitting on it, before I would have to stand outside. During installation it did not seem to bind. My guess is the motor was weak and has recovered.

Or maybe the gears needed some breakin.
I wonder if it would have helped to cycle it up and down with out a load for a while.

Let those gears bed in.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last weekend
New parking brake shoes, tire rotation, oil change, greased the brake caliper slides.
Still going to need to order new calipers(they've been squeaking most likely because the dust seals on a couple of the Pistons are torn and filled with a brake dust and dirt and whatnot.
Found the rear diff cover leaking-potentially a broken seal... have to find out if tightening the bolts down health or made it worse. Use the felpro gasket, but when I tightened it down it looks like it started to squeeze out. Unfortunate the 14 bolt doesn't have the rubber and steel reusable gasket like the 10 bolt.
Engine oil cooler lines seem to be leaking somewhere on the short little rubber lines.
The starting battery needs to be replaced again. My fuel line for the flex fuel sensor needs to be remade-seems to be seeping fuel occasionally. Found a lower control arm bolt a bit loose also.

Also, those replacement center caps I have are already looking like crap, cracking from being over tightened and the threads on the plastic nuts are starting to disappear, the bow tie in the middle is all foggy.
Ordered some of the ppv center caps off eBay.
They're a little beat up, and I think I'm going to repaint them with silver steel-it which should cover up some of the scratches not that I'm too worried about that, but also match the wheels a little better.
I do need to get bolts and spacers and drill and tap the wheels though.

Attachments

• IMG_20220604_111710129.jpg
    IMG_20220604_111710129.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220604_113256276_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220604_113256276_HDR.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220609-034735.png
    Screenshot_20220609-034735.png
    966.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reaction score
Last weekend
New parking brake shoes, tire rotation, oil change, greased the brake caliper slides.
Still going to need to order new calipers(they've been squeaking most likely because the dust seals on a couple of the Pistons are torn and filled with a brake dust and dirt and whatnot.
Found the rear diff cover leaking-potentially a broken seal... have to find out if tightening the bolts down health or made it worse. Use the felpro gasket, but when I tightened it down it looks like it started to squeeze out. Unfortunate the 14 bolt doesn't have the rubber and steel reusable gasket like the 10 bolt.
Engine oil cooler lines seem to be leaking somewhere on the short little rubber lines.
The starting battery needs to be replaced again. My fuel line for the flex fuel sensor needs to be remade-seems to be seeping fuel occasionally. Found a lower control arm bolt a bit loose also.
Buy a Lube Locker gasket for the rear. $21.95 at Summit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson