What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Yeah just good old 93. My stft's are in the negatives almost always at idle: from -1.xx thru -4.96% or thereabouts.

*Shrugs

Ima drive tf out of it and see what happens...

Sounds like a tech2 is needed, reset all things.
Try the battery trick, leave it disconnected for like 10min.
I like to cycle the ignition key while it's disconnected, thinking capacitors might drain faster.

My sister put either diesel or contaminated fuel into her 85 Audi 5000 when i was a kid.
It took out her headgasket and still never ran right.

We ended up selling it cheap.
Guy that bought it told us replacing the fuel injectors did the trick and complimented us on the great job we did with the cylinder head refurbishment. :jester:

That Audi has mechanical fuel injection, I'm not sure how far they needed to go with the replacement.

I also wonder about your upstream 02 sensors.
Diesel could contaminate them, no?

Remove and clean them with carb cleaner?
I would only care about the upstream ones...

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Since we got up extra early to take the dog to the vet, wife and I decided we should clean the lower deck. Then to avoid that task I changed the oil and filter in the Suburban, then a trans fluid drain and fill in the Suburban, then changed my wife's Forester oil too. She took a nap.
I think I am going to do a trans drain and fill every year. I have enough gallons of Maxlife ATF that I bought from Walmart for $17.97 that I can do that until about 2026. The Malibu won't need it in the junk yard it got towed to, and my other daughter's Escape is in New Jersey and will probably get stolen before it needs another fluid change.

Reaction score
Sounds like a tech2 is needed, reset all things.
Try the battery trick, leave it disconnected for like 10min.
I like to cycle the ignition key while it's disconnected, thinking capacitors might drain faster.

My sister put either diesel or contaminated fuel into her 85 Audi 5000 when i was a kid.
It took out her headgasket and still never ran right.

We ended up selling it cheap.
Guy that bought it told us replacing the fuel injectors did the trick and complimented us on the great job we did with the cylinder head refurbishment. :jester:

That Audi has mechanical fuel injection, I'm not sure how far they needed to go with the replacement.

I also wonder about your upstream 02 sensors.
Diesel could contaminate them, no?

Remove and clean them with carb cleaner?
I would only care about the upstream ones...
Sometimes touching the negative and positive battery cables together (after both disconnected from battery of course) will discharge any saved small voltages

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
spent the weekend working on a friend of my wife's minivan.
the AC compressor seized and smoked the belt right off.

Spending my own money to help them out etc. :violin2:

Well, we got the compressor changed, did the drier while it was open.
I thought about the other things i "should" do but took the faster/cheaper route.
Donated 3lbs of my own refrigerant stock and had to do some re-wiring of the new compressor...

Fixed their blower motor, lucky it was just the blower motor resister so big win there.

Learned about this "serpentine belt tool" that exists.
I always just used a socket wrench to fit the little square.
but with some cars it won't fit in there, like this minivan.
Who knew!!
I'll need that for the wife's car later, I couldn't figure out an easy way to change the belt so it hit the later list. :angels2:

Compressor is running fine, ac commanded, no errors found that my scan tool can read.
High and low pressures look fantastic, just like i would expect for a new compressor and a system that's not plugged...
but the air is still warm.

doing some reading and learning as i go on this one.
apparently, it's something that the ac expansion valve can cause as it just bypasses the refrigerant.
So, i have one of those on order.

Odd thing is it's the same on the front and rear ac.
and there is a separate expansion valve for the front vs the rear...
So that's very odd, but I don't know how well their AC worked before all of this.

So, I'm hoping that it's probably both expansion valves... :jester:

One of the fill ports also started leaking on me after i removed the gauges.
Messed around with it and got it to stop leaking.
I guess he lost the caps a while back, so things aren't perfect.
New ports on order along with everything else + new caps.

I'm way to fkn nice. :banghead:

Then went to a concert with the wife, she tested positive for the coof and I feel like crap.
So, I'm taking it easy this weekend. :nolol:

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been puttin' some miles on 'er!

Took off work yesterday to spend the day with McKinley on her 14th birthday. Her list of to-dos was lunch at a 50s-ish diner, Barnes & Noble for a book and boba tea. The restaurant she picked out was nothing like it was made out to be. So, we'll be finding a legit checkered floor, poodle skirts and pink neons place later. Barnes & Noble was down to their last copy of the book she wanted. While upstairs, we noticed a music section. She thumbed through the vinyl and scored an Arctic Monkeys (self-titled) album. Went to stroll the mall and get her some boba tea, then headed home before the storms hit. I also had gotten her a specific Stranger Things poster that she really wanted and, luckily, it was delivered yesterday morning. So I framed and hung that for her as we listened to the Arctic Monkeys. I completely forgot that I had gotten her tickets to a concert in October. I guess that was her main gift. She scored big this year! But, I can't tell her 'no' when it comes to anything music.

I had ran the tank pretty low, like, less than 30 miles to empty on the DIC. I've been waiting for an opportunity to try out 89 and monitor KR, so I got $30 worth of Exxon. Dirt cheap at $3.57/gallon! I didn't have my laptop, so no HPT scanner. But, I had my Autel. WOT from a stop, it pulled 3° around 5,300 RPM in first and 2° in 2nd. No idea what it does on 93. Ambient temp was 78°. It seemed to be getting a little better MPG on the ride home from the gas station. Mostly bounced between 22 and 23 MPG at 70 MPH on my "test stretch".

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we got up extra early to take the dog to the vet, wife and I decided we should clean the lower deck. Then to avoid that task I...
I avoid cleaning/staining the deck at all costs. Now every time I'm out by the pool or playing guitar out there I stare at the planks and think how it really needs to be stained and hope it gets done while I'm gone.

I powerwashed the concrete around the entire house for a whole wknd one time to avoid it. Buy then paying someone to clean/stain and it never looks how u want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21DenaliXL