What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see it vibrating already... lol

Nah, I'll use small tacks so not much weight and I'll use my super precise Harbor Freight dial indicator to check for runout. Shit will be NASA-spec.

I'm just aggravated that someone bought it out from under me so now I have to improvise, adapt and overcome to fill the hole in my heart.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would y'all put 1600# of concret mix in the back of your NNBS? I need 28 60# bags of concrete. Otherwise I need my trailer.
Get the trailer. When we haul mulch bags from home ***** every spring, I use our cargo trailer. Plus, bags of anything always have holes through which the contents spill out and make a mess.

Edit: huh, the word d-o-p-e-y is disallowed.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what's the down side of the clutch pulley alt? most performance engines seem to have switched to it?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another, 18k miles..

or $175 for brand new

Wonder if rockauto will accept returns...
EDIT: Rockauto has an awesome automated return setup! Costing me $8 to ship back!

I'm guessing the clutch type isn't particularly bad, just takes up more space and one more thing that can break?
Does the wiring need upgrading to handle the extra amps? Can you just add wires straight from alt to battery?
EDIT: Clutch type seems kinda cool now that I'm reading about it..

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another, 18k miles..

or $175 for brand new

Wonder if rockauto will accept returns...
EDIT: Rockauto has an awesome automated return setup! Costing me $8 to ship back!

I'm guessing the clutch type isn't particularly bad, just takes up more space and one more thing that can break?
Does the wiring need upgrading to handle the extra amps? Can you just add wires straight from alt to battery?
EDIT: Clutch type seems kinda cool now that I'm reading about it..
pretty sure the clutch pulley uses a different belt, but I could be wrong.
don't have to change any wiring or fuses or anything, maybe upgrade the alternator to battery cable to a better cable.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty sure the clutch pulley uses a different belt, but I could be wrong.
don't have to change any wiring or fuses or anything, maybe upgrade the alternator to battery cable to a better cable.
Good call! Reading something about a lower belt tension too.. So it probably won't last as long with stock tension even if it did use the same belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM