What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uploaded the latest tune changes to enable the alcohol content sensor and TCC tweak, then took it to bring Kin out for Taco Tuesday. I'm happy to see that it immediately began reading much more accurately. Before, it was calculating anywhere from 7% to 20% or more low. Now, it's staying around 1% to 2% high as compared to the fuel/water test tube. The TCC tweak seems to not have done much, maybe a harder launch. I couldn't test it much today.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think and hope it uses a standard size, cuz I bought one with 6,000 miles on it after they accepted my offer of $110 on their original price of $135. It has the clutch on it and I'm gonna roll with it. With my engine spinning 6,000+ RPM then the trans upshifting fairly quickly and firmly, it just makes sense. Even if it's a wear item, I should be good for a long time. The alt is essentially new and I don't drive much at all.

A circuit is only as good as it's weakest link. Upgrading just the alternator to battery positive won't do anything if the battery negative to engine (alternator grounds through case>bracket>engine) isn't upgraded equally or larger. Or, if the battery negative goes to the frame, then there needs to be an equal engine-to-frame cable, making it a Big Three.
I think the clutch pulley is wider, I guess you will let us know

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the ‘07 to the local lube shop to have the transmission fluid exchanged. Not a good idea. Before I could stop him the tech dumped a can of quick flush of some sort down the dipstick tube and proceeded to let it idle while he readied his fluid exchange machine. :banghead:

Before I let them touch it I asked the shop owner what kind of fluid they were going to use. He said Pennzoil (they’re a Pennzoil shop) Dexron 6. But when I asked the tech what Pennzoil fluid he used after he was done he said it wasn’t Pennzoil, and said it was a Global something or other synthetic, compatible with “most” transmissions.

Sigh. Should I get that shit out of there or let it ride? Never again will I use that shop.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TCC tweak seems to not have done much, maybe a harder launch. I couldn't test it much today.
Test-N-Tune coming up! Let's see some before and after timeslips!

Took the ‘07 to the local lube shop to have the transmission fluid exchanged. Not a good idea. Before I could stop him the tech dumped a can of quick flush of some sort down the dipstick tube...
How did she drive afterwards?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. I really didn't like the fake chrome stuff either.
About the only thing left for me are the door guards / trim with that shiny plastic junk. Not sure what to do with those.

For the life of me I can't get the chrome covers off. I watched a video from 1A Auto that shows the tech struggling with a small flatblade screwdriver, popping the tabs loose on the cover. But, it's way harder than it looks. I must be missing something, or am dumb.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did some more reading about the "global" fluid the shop used. General consensus is that it's really good stuff. Full synthetic that exceeds the Dexron VI requirements. Last time I had it done was at a Valvoline shop the used the Maxlife which is the same type of broad compatibility synthetic fluid. Not gonna worry about it but wish they hadn't used a can of "flush". Oh well.

In the next 2 months we have 6500 miles of trips planned with it so just gonna roll with it! Columbus, Cleveland, Denver, Nashville - all on separate trips.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But if you spread the weight out few bags on the pass side floor
Did some more reading about the "global" fluid the shop used. General consensus is that it's really good stuff. Full synthetic that exceeds the Dexron VI requirements. Last time I had it done was at a Valvoline shop the used the Maxlife which is the same type of broad compatibility synthetic fluid. Not gonna worry about it but wish they hadn't used a can of "flush". Oh well.

In the next 2 months we have 6500 miles of trips planned with it so just gonna roll with it! Columbus, Cleveland, Denver, Nashville - all on separate trips.

Does that ass another wrinkle to the puckered butt driving now? :yaoface2:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I will either use the trailer or make two 840# trips.
2610 lbs in the bed of the avalanche. It was supposed to be 1800lbs. When Steph got there, they told her they made an error. She went with it. I about fell over when she sent me the pic. Shocks only aired it up about 2":oops:

Dont be skeeered

68020453915__E027FFA2-67E4-412F-A22C-326619D718A2.fullsizerender.jpeg
After she got home and it had aired up (only about 6 mile drive)

IMG_6109.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austin19