What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forget- is the PPV cluster plug-and-play as far as speedo scaling? Also, I miss my V1 :(
yes, it just needs to be programmed to the vin like any cluster. what happened to your V1 I can't live without mine lol it's been my companion for around 25 years I have had a couple have some electronic issues after many years of use but luckily valentine repairs them at a reasonable price. It has more than paid for it's self many times it's always a classic when your V1 goes off and you slow down and watch the other guy get a ticket. Combined with Waze it's a win-win, been using waze for close to 8-10 years or something close to that, can't remember I just remember someone mentioning there was a app that would tell you where the cop cars were and that's all it took. lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it just needs to be programmed to the vin like any cluster. what happened to your V1 I can't live without mine lol it's been my companion for around 25 years I have had a couple have some electronic issues after many years of use but luckily valentine repairs them at a reasonable price. It has more than paid for it's self many times it's always a classic when your V1 goes off and you slow down and watch the other guy get a ticket. Combined with Waze it's a win-win, been using waze for close to 8-10 years or something close to that, can't remember I just remember someone mentioning there was a app that would tell you where the cop cars were and that's all it took. lol

Can you recommend a solid source for the PPV cluster, programmed and ready to go? I know there are services on eBay. I'll need one for a 4L60 so that might prove difficult. Unless they can mod a standard one with the PPV speedo configuration.

After about 12 years of faithful service, it just started glitching out. First started out constantly reporting X band. No problem- I just shut off X band cuz it's everywhere BUT on the police force. A few years later, it started randomly flashing "Er" on the display, resolved temporarily by a power cycle. I've been without it for at least two years now. Around the time it failed, the Gen2 was released so I decided to not invest anything into mine and just get the new one if I were to do anything at all. I learned to drive with it and now I've learned to drive without it. 99% of my driving is in a company van that is limited to 97MPH. It blends in and gets ignored. If I'm rolling with a crowd going 85-90, someone else in a "faster" civilian car gets stopped- every time. I never speed alone.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After about 12 years of faithful service, it just started glitching out. First started out constantly reporting X band. No problem- I just shut off X band cuz it's everywhere BUT on the police force. A few years later, it started randomly flashing "Er" on the display, resolved temporarily by a power cycle. I've been without it for at least two years now. Around the time it failed, the Gen2 was released so I decided to not invest anything into mine and just get the new one if I were to do anything at all. I learned to drive with it and now I've learned to drive without it. 99% of my driving is in a company van that is limited to 97MPH. It blends in and gets ignored. If I'm rolling with a crowd going 85-90, someone else in a "faster" civilian car gets stopped- every time. I never speed alone.
if you still have it and if the serial number is intact then you can go to the valentine website and submit a serial number check. this will tell you the cost for a firmware upgrade/repair or exchange price for a brand new one. usually it's around $200 for a repair, then you print the form out and send it to there shop in Florida and in about 2-weeks you get it back. the problems you noted are classic failures on these after years of dedicated use. Over the years I have picked up a few of these at flea markets and thrift stores and usually people get rid of them when they start glitching out not realizing they can be repaired for less then a new one, then I have them fixed or replaced with a new one and then sell them at a profit as long as the serial number is readable.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I'm speeding I always let the other guy in front of me. I call those guys "The Stunt Dummy". They always get pulled over before me.
that and keep your eyes peeled, I was running 3 deep with a couple guys one time doing about 130 and just happened to spot a cop going the other direction flip a b*tch in the middle of the highway so i immediately tucked right into regular traffic and watched him fly right by me and nail both of them up the road a bit lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it just needs to be programmed to the vin like any cluster.

I edited my post before you finished your reply:

Can you recommend a solid source for the PPV cluster, programmed and ready to go? I know there are services on eBay. I'll need one for a 4L60 so that might prove difficult. Unless they can mod a standard one with the PPV speedo configuration.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I edited my post before you finished your reply:

I bought mine off ebay in new condition and the seller programmed it they just needed my vin and mileage, then I had it modified after that with the overlay, needles and led's
since it has been over 3 years I have no searchable purchase history for it. mine is the 6spd and goes to 140mph, I am not sure if they made a 140mph? for the 4spd's or not, a quick search on ebay shows many for "tahoe police" but none are 140mph nor do they look any different, it might take some digging around.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine off ebay in new condition and the seller programmed it they just needed my vin and mileage, then I had it modified after that with the overlay, needles and led's
since it has been over 3 years I have no searchable purchase history for it. mine is the 6spd and goes to 140mph, I am not sure if they made a 140mph? for the 4spd's or not, a quick search on ebay shows many for "tahoe police" but none are 140mph nor do they look any different, it might take some digging around.

Thanks for the info. I'll dig around. Just wanted to "skip to the front of the line" if possible. EBay's history limit is a nuisance sometimes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll dig around. Just wanted to "skip to the front of the line" if possible. EBay's history limit is a nuisance sometimes.
I am sure it was one of the known main internet dealers that do nothing but clusters just not sure which one, there are 2 or 3 larger companies out there

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I got the overlay from black cat, took like 3 months to get it because no one makes a 140mph overlay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap