What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced front and rear sway-bar bushings... Very fun.

Started the job a few days ago, and of course one of the bolts broke. Broke three drill bits, bought an extractor set that didn't work, burned up for or five more Harbor Freight drill bits, and generally did not enjoy myself. After four hours of drilling and drilling, I tapped the hole and finished the front.

I had spare M10 - 1.5 bolts, and ground a slit on one of them to make an ad-hoc tap because (surprise) my fantastic Harbor Freight metric tap and die set wasn't actually the correct size for this hole.

The rear took 10 minutes because none of the bolts snapped.

I wish I had ordered the end-links, but I'll probably get to those some other time; they didn't look bad, or feels loose. The bushings were pretty wallered out.

JKaechler

Reaction score
Took out the G80 locker and put an Eaton TrueTrac in its place. Had a glitch, but i think all is well. I posted about it over here if someone wants to put in an opinion. I think i need the group's input.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sadly hp tuners told me to F off in so many words. haha.
We were checking HPT at the same time. Took me a few minutes cuz I had to take the pic of my laptop screen, upload it to the laptop, then upload it to this post:

View attachment 404483

if someone wanted to test it and have kinda a middle ground. the c6 used a brushed motor with a pwm module for it. like this...

there's also a Ford version that's said to work. cheaper and all over junk yards. this would you have control over the stock fans by pwm

AUinCullman

Reaction score
Today i finally made time to crawl around my LST. Still has the original shocks so those will be replaced soon.

Having all fluids/filters replaced and checked for any anomalies. Any suggestions that I should add for my mechanic?
Looks like the alternator and main belt has been replaced pretty recently. Was thinking about installing the upgraded cold air intake. I think it is made by Spector(?) But I'm not sure what the plug connector is thats attached to the air hose. I dont remember seeing that connection on the Spector intake anywhere.

Anyway, my A/C went out yesterday and I am not sure how much of my build is about to be reallocated. This Alabama heat and humidity is no joke if you've never been here in late July. Im sweating like a duck in a hail storm. I just seen a squirrel soaking his nuts in Gatorade.

My plan next weekend is to paint my rims for now. High gloss black is what I'm going with.

Hope you all are having a good weekend!

Attachments

• 20230722_182318.jpg
    20230722_182318.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230722_181616.jpg
    20230722_181616.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230722_181559.jpg
    20230722_181559.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 4

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today i finally made time to crawl around my LST. Still has the original shocks so those will be replaced soon.

Having all fluids/filters replaced and checked for any anomalies. Any suggestions that I should add for my mechanic?
Looks like the alternator and main belt has been replaced pretty recently. Was thinking about installing the upgraded cold air intake. I think it is made by Spector(?) But I'm not sure what the plug connector is thats attached to the air hose. I dont remember seeing that connection on the Spector intake anywhere.

Anyway, my A/C went out yesterday and I am not sure how much of my build is about to be reallocated. This Alabama heat and humidity is no joke if you've never been here in late July. Im sweating like a duck in a hail storm. I just seen a squirrel soaking his nuts in Gatorade.

My plan next weekend is to paint my rims for now. High gloss black is what I'm going with.

Hope you all are having a good weekend!

"Upgraded cold air intake?"

Reaction score
Leveled front 2” today, now it’s 37.5 all around.

While at it, was also thinking to tackle the exhaust leak on manifold flange connection that i tried to fix with different gaskets, but i think pipe itself is bent.
So i finally covered it with exhaust sealer/putty veeeery thoroughly.

And i had last exhaust manifold bolt broken since forever, pinned with dorman clamp, not leaking.
But i recently got welder and decided to try and get it out, after like 10 welded nuts i gave up.
It’s far away and I can’t drill it.
Decided that one day, when I’m deep down in the guts, head will come off and that little **** will get drilled out.
Did you do anything with the Autolevel sensor rods with the lift? Do you have a Tech2? If so, you can do an Autolevel sensor relearn/reset with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts