What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Iirc it's plumbed into the pcv system and catches oil vapors(blowby). Collects the vapors into the canister. Don't take my explanation as 100%, but it's along those lines. You can use the search feature on here, there's TONS of threads about them. All the cool kids have them lol.

Last edited:

AUinCullman

Reaction score
Iirc it's plumbed into the picture system and catches oil vapors(blowby). Collects the vapors into the canister. Don't take my explanation as 100%, but it's along those lines. You can use the search feature on here, there's TONS of threads about them.
Interesting. I do get a faint oil smell from time to time but I cannot find any sign of oil at all in the engine bay or under. Ive been really worried about that. Is this catch can for that? From your response above it has me curious if that will fix that for me. Thanks for the response!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Interesting. I do get a faint oil smell from time to time but I cannot find any sign of oil at all in the engine bay or under. Ive been really worried about that. Is this catch can for that? From your response above it has me curious if that will fix that for me. Thanks for the response!
It probably could help with the oil smell.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you shouldn't smell oil unless you have a leak, catch can won't stop a leak
if you cannot find the source of a oil leak then go grab some purple power and spray it all over the engine and pressure wash it
then after it is clean, watch for fresh oil.
usually it is valve covers, oil pan, oil pressure sensor, rear main seal

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the black cylinder right beside your Alternator? I noticed it in your Profile pic. Mine does not have that.

Catch can. They're practically required on any LS engine. The PCV system moves a lot of oily air and it puddles up in the back of the intake and drips down into the #7 cylinder, coking it up. In the worst cases, the rings stick, causing accelerated wear, lower compression and more blow-by. Starting in (I think) 2010, GM updated the PCV baffle design that's built into the LH (driver side) valve cover. They also added a shield to the AFM pressure relief valve in the oil pan. If yours is older than 2010, it still could've had the updates performed with a previous owner. Regardless of the updates, I'd still add a catch can as it could only help and not harm. No reason to when they could be had for ~$20 on Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts