What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd worry about the low mounted snorkel sucking in water, whether it's rain or splash from driving through a puddle

besides the drain holes, you have a foot of gravity to overcome and some mist of water is no big deal. we used to install water injection kits to cool intake charge back in the days. I myself have poured water from a gal jug straight into a carb while revving it up to keep it running to clean up carbon knock from a engine that a bad carb dumping fuel a long time built up. bit hard to do the first time haha. but after a gal or so the knock was gone.

now you sink your front end under water in the river crossing or some kinda flash flood. definitely a bit of an issue. which they do happen around my parts. low water crossings are a thing all over. I still feel like moving water as high as the tow hook you might have worse things to worry about. but it does increase the risk and probably why you only see a few oem ram air setups

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my black stone lap report back from the 6.0 oil and all seems good. 5k on the sample, comments say try 7k.

mild silicon which they comment that wear is low so it's properly sealer. but I don't think I've used any sealer anywhere on this truck yet.

I may pick up a new air filter anyways even thou all wear is low. it looks clean but I haven't changed it myself.

to buy airbox with power core filter now or not haha.

any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230725-094445.png
    Screenshot_20230725-094445.png
    410.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reaction score
besides the drain holes, you have a foot of gravity to overcome and some mist of water is no big deal. we used to install water injection kits to cool intake charge back in the days. I myself have poured water from a gal jug straight into a carb while revving it up to keep it running to clean up carbon knock from a engine that a bad carb dumping fuel a long time built up. bit hard to do the first time haha. but after a gal or so the knock was gone.

now you sink your front end under water in the river crossing or some kinda flash flood. definitely a bit of an issue. which they do happen around my parts. low water crossings are a thing all over. I still feel like moving water as high as the tow hook you might have worse things to worry about. but it does increase the risk and probably why you only see a few oem ram air setups
I installed a water/methanol injection kit on my supercharged mustang about 15 years ago.

I was thinking more in the lines of larger puddles, or those kind of ruts of water on the road during heavy rains that spray rooster tails to the side and in the wheel well

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a water/methanol injection kit on my supercharged mustang about 15 years ago.

I was thinking more in the lines of larger puddles, or those kind of ruts of water on the road during heavy rains that spray rooster tails to the side and in the wheel well

I guess it's possible

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for asking j91!

pretty sure its coming out the exhaust, so headgasket is what I am anticipating..

got a btr 7 layer headgasket and gm headbolts and some intake/exhaust gaskets.

Going to order h3 motor mounts from amazon ($230 each)

hoping to get started soon..

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I think I will stick to stock for now and put my money towards something else at this point.

Like fuzzy dice and hula girl bobblehead. Lol
I read somewhere on the interwebs that 1-2 HP gains of are seen when fuzzy dice are added to NNBS trucks...Toss in a hula girl, shave 0.5 seconds off a quarter mile run....Has to be true - was on the web!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts