What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is that plastic shield by the oil sensor there anyway? Does it unbolt or did you just cut it at the base?
I left mine off when I replaced my engine. There was one bolt holding it onto the intake. I'm guessing that the shield is for noise blocking because there's a foam piece glued to it.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, just slammed this transfer case skidplate up into the transmission crossmember. The factory holes needed to be threaded, so I just used a spare bolt and impact gun to make the threads for the new bolts, and used a little anti-sieze to help stop the inevitable corrosion.

aEFerqI.jpg

Still waiting on Scamazon to deliver the other skid plate for the oil pan area.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left mine off when I replaced my engine. There was one bolt holding it onto the intake. I'm guessing that the shield is for noise blocking because there's a foam piece glued to it.

I assume it's for noise reduction also, but I couldn't tell the difference after winding out the engine last night.

Also, the sensor looks dry after 30 mins or so of running the engine, so hopefully that WAS the leaking issue.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is that plastic shield by the oil sensor there anyway? Does it unbolt or did you just cut it at the base?

I removed the PCV hose on the rear of the intake manifold and removed the single 10mm nut that held it on. There is more foam on the inside of it, so I ass ume it's sound deadening/ rat nest material.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to drive it around in the hurricane to run some errands.

Edit:

I think when I drop the tank to put a bigger fuel pump, I might have to try that Holley Hydramat if I can get one that will fit in there nicely.
Sick of losing fuel pressure when I'm doing a cloverleaf on ramp at a third of a tank or less.

Last edited:

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Edit:

I think when I drop the tank to put a bigger fuel pump, I might have to try that Holley Hydramat if I can get one that will fit in there nicely.
Sick of losing fuel pressure when I'm doing a cloverleaf on ramp at a third of a tank or less.
What's the forecast?

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the forecast?
It was a cat for the other day, it's already downgraded to a tropical storm. And by the time it gets here it will probably still be 50 miles east of me. But this is the first hurricane that the West Coast has seen in about a hundred years and it was supposed to dump a stupid amount of rain and have very high sustained winds.
Looks like now that it's already above Mexico it has slowed all the way down to 70 miles an hour and under
And it has been raining here since around 2:00 a.m., but nothing crazy. Actually quite light rain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230820-093744.png
    Screenshot_20230820-093744.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Edit:

I don't see a use for the HydraMat in our setups. The pump stays submerged in it's own "bucket", unless it's leaking. Performance cars, like the 'Vette that are tracked pull a lot more lateral Gs than you are in your Tahoe and they don't use or need things like the HydraMat.

I thought my fuel pump bucket was leaking out and allowing the pump to run dry on hard accelerations. The problem only occurred around 1/4 tank or less. When I replaced the pump/module assembly, I found that I had very little fuel in the tank. The pump and all was fine and wasn't running dry. It was the level sensor reporting that I had a lot more fuel than I actually did. The fuel was sloshing to the back of the tank and the fuel in the bucket was being used up, causing the sputtering. I tested the sensor and found it was within spec up until that 1/4 tank remaining area then it went to open circuit. The PCM was relying on the MPG, IDC and TPS, etc. to calculate the fuel remaining and operated the gauge accordingly.

Whatcha wanting a larger pump for, gonna boost it?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925