What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to park mine for a few days. My Mishimoto radiator is leaking in about 10 different spots. I can't even top off the coolant bottle without it leaking right back out. I bought this radiator as an open box special back when I replaced the engine a few years back. Basically it was discounted because it had some blemishes and I figured who cares, can't really see it anyhow. But the discounted price also meant no warranty. Fast forward to earlier this year, I noticed a small leak on the driver's side, near where the core welds into the tank. Now it's doing the same thing on the passenger side. I pulled my fans and noticed both sides of the radiator are leaking at a lot of the welds, in a bunch of different spots. There are leaks in the middle of the radiator too!!!

I'm torn in the decision I have to make. Do I blow $600 on a brand new Mishimoto that CAN be warrantied, or do I buy another brand. I'm going to be buying a procharger and installing it this upcoming spring, so I'm not confident that a factory radiator will be good enough.
As a happy owner of a Cold Case that's been in 3 years now, about 30K miles and (knock on wood) isn't leaking yet, I would STILL say go buy a Denso from Rock Auto. They're the OEM supplier and they're good radiators.

KraftMatic87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally swapped the front brakes on my 2009 Denali XL for a set of PowerStop Z23 rotors and pads.

IMG_2948.jpeg

IMG_2965.jpeg

Those rusty rotors needed a lot of elbow grease to come loose!

IMG_2962.jpeg

IMG_2963.jpeg

image.jpg

The drivers side rotor was warped and a stuck caliper pin may have been the culprit. Getting that stuck caliper pin out was REAL fun! After installing the Z23’s I noticed an immediate improvement in braking performance. I’m definitely looking forward to ordering a set for my rear brakes!

Last edited:

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the lower hinge for the driver's door from the body shop after being painted. Wish I bought both hinges to save shop costs but I was fairly confident the upper will be fine for awhile.

They matched per the paint code and looks great, no more clacking when opening and no more sagging. Little tight to get to a couple bolts but went in fairly easily, just have to be certain it will clear the fender before you close the door for a test.

Hinge is a SKP

Part# SK961026

Was originally silver, sorry forgot the pic.

Web pic:

Screenshot_20231018-191418_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231018-190712_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231018-190726_Gallery.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up the lower hinge for the driver's door from the body shop after being painted. Wish I bought both hinges to save shop costs but I was fairly confident the upper will be fine for awhile.

They matched per the paint code and looks great, no more clacking when opening and no more sagging. Little tight to get to a couple bolts but went in fairly easily, just have to be certain it will clear the fender before you close the door for a test.

Hinge is a SKP

Part# SK961026

Was originally silver, sorry forgot the pic.

Web pic:

View attachment 411768

View attachment 411766

View attachment 411767
I caught a lot of hell for not painting my hinge but to hell with them it works and I like the nickel plating I’m the only one that sees it so fkit

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from another trip to OKC. I swear that whenever I park the moho anywhere near the Denali, its size makes her look like a geo cruiser.
The trip went well, traffic wasn’t too bad and we were able to avoid some interstate parking lots. The wife took home a reserve world championship trophy, so she’s happy. I’m just glad to finally be back home…minus the weather.

So what have I missed?

IMG_3625.jpegIMG_3641.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsheyden10

Latest posts