What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After i ventilated the hood on thecopcar the incoming air temperature dropped pretty dramatically.

interesting..

I wonder if it's because you gave the air behind the fender somewhere to exit or if you just lowered the aover all under hood Temps. both are probably a good thing.

hmm

I knew a guy years ago that had a Lingenfelter 383 in a firebird, back when that was a big deal. those cars pulled air from the inner fender too, where the camaors went over the radiator to filters behind the fog lights. he never could good the times he expected from it, working with their tech on the phone they found him a local body shop that installed a NCAC air vent right in the fender where the filter was. we all thought it just looked cool, but I seem to remember he was very happy it ran what he expected.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it does, I thought it was a bit weird, something to do with how air flows around thru the fender? they are angled up, like air would flow down into the fender well. it's pretty sealed up really, besides what comes in around the headlight, I didn't see a real air pathway to the box they made behind the air box.

I believe it's a high-pressure/low-pressure thing.

Or, drainage.

Runfor5

Reaction score
I'll post some pics later, perhaps a standalone write-up since I did a combo of YouTube video suggestions out there, but undertook one of the larger projects I've done (def on this truck) over the weekend... complete cooling system revamp and while I had all the clearance from the radiator out, did the oil cooler lines. What a PITA those are!

I went into this job all worried about the 2 "T"-fitting connectors at the firewall and those came off within 3min haha. With the radiator out, I was able to sit up in between the radiator core support and engine (if you can picture that), which helped to guide the lines out the back with a combination of fancy maneuvering and neck pain.

Install of the new lines was easier than removal of the old ones! Crazy but I'll take it. Oil filter had to come off + front driveshaft disconnected at the front diff + front cross member removed (painted while it was off) + and then loosened all 4 mounting nuts/bolts for the front diff to drop it idk 4" or so.

I did not unplug the knock sensor (couldn't comfortably reach it) and I did not touch the motor mount nor fender well liner.

Also thanks again to @Geotrash for the aluminum Denso radiator suggestion! Install went without a hitch.

Reaction score
I'll post some pics later, perhaps a standalone write-up since I did a combo of YouTube video suggestions out there, but undertook one of the larger projects I've done (def on this truck) over the weekend... complete cooling system revamp and while I had all the clearance from the radiator out, did the oil cooler lines. What a PITA those are!

I went into this job all worried about the 2 "T"-fitting connectors at the firewall and those came off within 3min haha. With the radiator out, I was able to sit up in between the radiator core support and engine (if you can picture that), which helped to guide the lines out the back with a combination of fancy maneuvering and neck pain.

Install of the new lines was easier than removal of the old ones! Crazy but I'll take it. Oil filter had to come off + front driveshaft disconnected at the front diff + front cross member removed (painted while it was off) + and then loosened all 4 mounting nuts/bolts for the front diff to drop it idk 4" or so.

I did not unplug the knock sensor (couldn't comfortably reach it) and I did not touch the motor mount nor fender well liner.

Also thanks again to @Geotrash for the aluminum Denso radiator suggestion! Install went without a hitch.
Cutting old lines in multiple places makes removal much easier and quicker, unless you plan on saving them for some reason

Runfor5

Reaction score
Cutting old lines in multiple places makes removal much easier and quicker, unless you plan on saving them for some reason
I was determined to get them out 'cleanly' in order to justify that all I had done (ie not touching the motor mount) would be sufficient for install of the new lines. Thankfully it was!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it went well for you! This weekend was my first real test of that radiator over a long haul (7.5 hour) tow through the mountains in 93ºF ambient temps. It did great! Very happy with the results.

Unfortunately, the rear suspension compressor took a dump on the drive home today, so I have a replacement on the way. It's a quick job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc3000