What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I'm planning on replacing the exhaust manifold bolts. I have one broken at the rear drivers side and plan on unbolting/removing the manifold to get the broken off bolt out. Should I put in a new gasket when doing this, or do y'all think the existing one will be fine (I know these come with MLS type gaskets).

I see RockAuto sells the GM ones individually and I might just buy one and replace it anyway. Think I might also replace the oil cooler lines while I'm in the area. Mine are starting to look gunky at the transitions

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm planning on replacing the exhaust manifold bolts. I have one broken at the rear drivers side and plan on unbolting/removing the manifold to get the broken off bolt out. Should I put in a new gasket when doing this, or do y'all think the existing one will be fine (I know these come with MLS type gaskets).

I see RockAuto sells the GM ones individually and I might just buy one and replace it anyway. Think I might also replace the oil cooler lines while I'm in the area. Mine are starting to look gunky at the transitions
I'm particularly fond of Permatex Copper Spray.
used it on 2 engines so far, no issues...exhaust and head gaskets.
As long as the old gasket looks good, go for it.
But new ones are cheap too...uarnizioni-utilizzate-ad-alte-temperature-331-ml-1.jpg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man it seems even the oems can't get good parts these days. one of my buddies just had his 3rd oem gm oil pressure sensor go bad in less than 6 months, on a car that isn't even a daily. one of the 3 was Amazon acdelco, so might have been a fake. the last 2 from rock auto and you gotta pay shipping for the warranty.

he's so over it, he's going to autozone and buying the cheapest thing that have lol.

next one that goes out on me, I might try this aftermarket one. it seems to have good reviews but pricey.

of course of the big name brand sensors in the racing world that's could be adapted to fit, you have a 100psi and 150psi option. gm of course uses a 130psi, so the voltage to psi range is off using any of those.

I need to do a evaporator core that a hassle to get to soon (dash removal) and I have no idea if I waste money on the oem that failed way before it should have or risk and aftermarket like 4 seasons. its not my money, so I don't care about the price, I just don't wanna do it again.

I seem to remember a time when you fixed something and it stayed fixed...and it was easy, now it's way more involved and keeps failing over and over again.

wish I could stick Toyota parts in ford's and chevy's. they are stupid expensive, but to this day I've never had a new Toyota industral part fail before it should have.

/rant

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyota's might be expensive, but it doesn't seem like Chevy parts are any cheaper than Toyota parts..

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm planning on replacing the exhaust manifold bolts. I have one broken at the rear drivers side and plan on unbolting/removing the manifold to get the broken off bolt out.

Come back when you get done with this and let us know how those other bolts came out. Thinking about doing a pre-emptive strike on this too, before those rear bolts actually break. Kind of afraid to touch those bolts though.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Come back when you get done with this and let us know how those other bolts came out. Thinking about doing a pre-emptive strike on this too, before those rear bolts actually break. Kind of afraid to touch those bolts though.

So these come with gaskets installed behind the manifolds? I got one broke off on the pass side front.

IMG_6629.jpegIMG_6630.jpeg

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard of no exhaust manifold gaskets working in some cases.. ('88 turbocoupe)
and it sounds like coppercoat on the headgasket is a common enough..

But I always get new gaskets on everything cause I'm a scaredy cat.

Looks like gasket there? (If you were asking?)
exhman.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freestyle231