What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So these come with gaskets installed behind the manifolds? I got one broke off on the pass side front.

View attachment 432492View attachment 432493
Yes OE uses a MLS (multi layer steel) gasket there. They make other types of gaskets to use but I'd stick with OE.

That bolt looks like my drivers rear bolt. I plan on removing all bolts and if need be the ones at the collector/Y-pipe to get enough room to tack weld a nut over what's left of the bolt. The heads are aluminum and these bolts shouldn't be torqued too tightly (15-18 ft lb) but they corroded due to different metals. Ya know, that steel into aluminum thing happening.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard of no exhaust manifold gaskets working in some cases.. ('88 turbocoupe)
and it sounds like coppercoat on the headgasket is a common enough..

But I always get new gaskets on everything cause I'm a scaredy cat.

Looks like gasket there? (If you were asking?)
View attachment 432496
Yeah I see it now

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the normal bulbs.

the switch backs would probably be cool but I wasn't sure which ones to buy at the time. then forgot about them haha.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @Doubeleive and @j91z28d1

With your Morimoto headlight install, did you re-use the incandescent turn signal or did you opt to install a GTR Lighting switchback?
I use a amber LED and resistors, thought about switchbacks but they seem unreliable atleast that's what I gathered from poking around
getting the resistor wired correctly was a hoot

Reaction score
I used the normal bulbs.

the switch backs would probably be cool but I wasn't sure which ones to buy at the time. then forgot about them haha.

I use a amber LED and resistors, thought about switchbacks but they seem unreliable atleast that's what I gathered from poking around
getting the resistor wired correctly was a hoot
So does the turn signal bulb stay lit when the headlights are on, and just flashes when turning? Or is that just when using the switchbacks?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine works like a normal turn signal. Just blinks when turns on.

I think the switch backs stay on white and then turn orange when used?

the led highlight around the outside just taps into a key on power, so it is on any time the key is on. I think it might dim some when the headlights come on? but I don't remember forsure. newer cars I notice the white highlight turns off when the turn signal is on, I believe to help take your attention to the flashing orange instead of the white but these don't do that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these are the bulbs I have used, super reliable I don't think I have had to replace one in over 5 years, I was running these previous to the morimotos, they are pretty bright as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freestyle231