What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is intake manifold pressure difference than map sensor? cause they have different readings. I thought there was just one map and a baro
I dont know off hand I just see they are reading what they should based on my sea level, I "think" baro is calculated by the map sensor could be wrong

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the key on the reading to the ecu without actual vacuum is barometric and that determines air/fuel mixture, that is calculated by the map sensor

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
growing up pretty much everything we had was a stick and I drove stick for years, seems like 2nd nature to me. they are scarce anymore though
In my youth, only one vehicle was an automatic.
Everything else was a manual trans.
I still prefer to row through the gears.
Makes me feel more connected to the machine.

I have a CDL so I've driven 13 speeds, 18 speeds, 5 & 2s and all sorts of weird things with brownie boxes.
But, it's been decades since I've driven one so it would take a little to get the groove again.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have a CDL so I've driven 13 speeds, 18 speeds, 5 & 2s and all sorts of weird things with brownie boxes.
But, it's been decades since I've driven one so it would take a little to get the groove again.
I don't have a CDL but I have driven some of the big trucks around in the past mostly out of a need to move equipment and not having anyone else to do it. Takes a little concentration at first, once you have a little speed going you can switch to regular shifting. Thing that seemed to take the most practice is a center pivot loader, pita things!
and your not having fun until you load a tractor on a flatbed with no ramps lol

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It’s like riding a bike, it comes back to you.

I don't have a CDL but I have driven some of the big trucks around in the past mostly out of a need to move equipment and not having anyone else to do it. Takes a little concentration at first, once you have a little speed going you can switch to regular shifting. Thing that seemed to take the most practice is a center pivot loader, pita things!
and your not having fun until you load a tractor on a flatbed with no ramps lol

easy enough to do though

When you got it, use it. I am a proficient CDL and equipment operator. It’s in the blood.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the key on the reading to the ecu without actual vacuum is barometric and that determines air/fuel mixture, that is calculated by the map sensor

used to be like that, as some point they added a stand alone baro sensor in the air box. probably still blend data, but I'm pretty sure I have a baro sensor in the air box itself

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s like riding a bike, it comes back to you.

When you got it, use it. I am a proficient CDL and equipment operator. It’s in the blood.
i drove a flatbed & backhoe like that all over washington state about 17/18 years old doing landscaping, planting tree's, rock gardens, you name it
that was a cake job until a co-worker (so-called "friend") lied and told the box I was trying to bang his daughter, as cute as she was I had other interest's lol (the preachers daughter) lol

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had time over the weekend to give the '07 a fresh ceramic spray wax. I use Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax, and it's pretty good. The water beads on the finish for 6 months or more afterwards. She cleans up well for 17 years and 247K miles. She spent most of her life in Arizona, so that helps. Not a spot of rust anywhere, and the frame and suspension still look new. Not having a commute and it never seeing snow or salty roads, also helps.

Now the dilemma: We have that new addition to the fleet: a 2018 Suburban 3500 HD, which means we now have THREE of these big beasts. Our son is 16 and working on his license, but isn't particularly thrilled about driving such a big vehicle. My wife likes the idea because she knows it's safe. It's not worth much to sell either. So, do we keep it? Do we try to trade someone for something smaller? Or do we sell it and buy something like a RAV4 for the kids?

I have so much time and love invested in this thing, and it's in tip-top shape such that I would drive it to Alaska tomorrow, without hesitating. My heart says keep it and hand it to our son. My only hesitation with that is he's not a car guy, isn't particularly thrilled about driving to begin with, half-asses things when he doesn't feel like doing them (all normal teenager stuff), so I worry that he won't take the kind of care of it that I have.

Oofta. Might just need to practice radical acceptance here. Lol.

View attachment 434891
Rent it out on Turo.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bizzaro sh*t, new maf installed, fuel pressure is high, misfires under a load only, even revving to 5500 in neutral no misfires at all
1000006348.jpg
1000006350.jpg1000006351.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road