What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
our smog testing kicks in next year. I hope they don't do stuff like that here. failed because I have a catch can and a wide band is going to be annoying to hide every year.

Make it look stock as possible, having to add/remove the wide band for data logging will be a pita.
I also like having the gauge when I'm towing the boat.

What a bs rule, i have had them take a double take at it, and one year I had them croud around where you can see the AFR logo on the passenger side cylinder head.

Since then i added a ground cable cover to cover it... lol

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2002 Altima has an adjustable intake manifold where a vacuum actuator opens and closes portions of the runners depending on engine load, rpm and other crap.
I removed that and just have a plate covering the hole where the actuator went.
Not a singe time I've had it smogged has any tech ever questioned the plate.
The plate isn't small, it's at least a 6 in by 4 in aluminum plate with the name of the manufacturer embossed into it.
My guess is they are clueless about the intimate details of the VQ and since I have never been flagged to see a referee, no one has ever had the spec sheet out while looking under the hood.

1724264744811.png

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took it in to get the emissions done today.
I failed for "Tampering"
Why?
I have a catch can and a second upstream O2 sensor!!

The best part, I have to go directly to the county since I'm now "flagged"
You got to deal with that shit in Utawh? I thought that was a free state. Sucks man. It is all ********.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Also going through the emissions rules for modified stuff like egr and crank case vent is under the diesel section. :whymewhyme:
The rest of the rules are all about them and not the owner, making sure they actually check stuff.
Now they have to take pictures, and since it didn't look stock, I think they went with the "Safe" for them and flagged me as "tampered"
what a fkn joke.

I can't wait to see if I am actually flagged or not.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Well this lit a fire under my ass to get me to finish the wifes car.
She had a leaky AC line, and it's the biggest pita to get to.

Last night I pulled the fuse box, a bunch of wires, the upper engine mount, and I had to un tangle the old one out, and tangle the new one in.
All connected and I left it with a vacuum last night, come out this morning and it was still good!

buttoned everything up and put refrigerant in, the wife has her car back with nice frosty AC. :peace:

Now I get to decide, work on the Tahoe over the weekend or take the boat out. :hmm:

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2002 Altima has an adjustable intake manifold where a vacuum actuator opens and closes portions of the runners depending on engine load, rpm and other crap.
I removed that and just have a plate covering the hole where the actuator went.
Not a singe time I've had it smogged has any tech ever questioned the plate.
The plate isn't small, it's at least a 6 in by 4 in aluminum plate with the name of the manufacturer embossed into it.
My guess is they are clueless about the intimate details of the VQ and since I have never been flagged to see a referee, no one has ever had the spec sheet out while looking under the hood.

View attachment 435836
Those NWA modifications

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 96 Altima 5-speed, thing drove like a top, and of course I gave it to my sister and she proceed to ruin it broke the motor mounts and never took care of it
they can last a long time but not with busted motor mounts.... I don't remember what exact cause of death was but it was a result of broken motor mounts, stress on other stuff from the engine moving around too much

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 96 Altima 5-speed, thing drove like a top, and of course I gave it to my sister and she proceed to ruin it broke the motor mounts and never took care of it
they can last a long time but not with busted motor mounts.... I don't remember what exact cause of death was but it was a result of broken motor mounts, stress on other stuff from the engine moving around too much
Yours was the previous generation Altima, mine is the L31 platform that is basically a Maxima with different sheetmetal.
I have 250k on mine and it still runs perfectly.
Too bad Nissan quality went to crap when they were bought out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vengfullion