What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you don't need external power unless you are doing something that requires you to cycle the key, then it gets plugged into the bottom edge of the tech2, not on the cable
connecting to the cigarette port or battery post's or ports on the cable does nothing to prevent a reboot. you need external power from the included household plug type power adapter
I was attempting to read the DTCs.

figman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed the Nolathane sway bars with mevotech ttx endlinks. Have stock z55 suspension (less than 5k miles on new struts and shocks). Bars do firm up the ride a bit, body roll has been reduced significantly.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reason I asked about external power..
I seem to remember not seeing the candi module as well, until plugging in external power...
Pretty sure that is the reason I keep my 12V adapter coiled together with the interface and candi, all together..

And I thought @swathdiver mentioned something about clones consuming more juice than genuine Tech 2s.
I also see some other post about the power supply being inferior in the clones..

So I say it's worth a shot if nothing else works... unless the instructions specifically say otherwise..?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember not seeing the candi module as well, until plugging in external power...
Pretty sure that is the reason I keep my 12V adapter coiled together with the interface and candi, all together..

And I thought @swathdiver mentioned something about clones consuming more juice than genuine Tech 2s.
I also see some other post about the power supply being inferior in the clones..

So I say it's worth a shot if nothing else works... unless the instructions specifically say otherwise..?
I was dumb, and didn't add the CANdi module inline with the OBD2 cable. But I also had a bent serial port pin on the Tech2, so I had to fix that.

Now it's connected!

Question: how do I access the ABS system? I can see the live ECU data, but when I open the F0: VSES Data or F1: Signal Data it says there is "No Communication with Vehicle...."

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was dumb, and didn't add the CANdi module inline with the OBD2 cable. But I also had a bent serial port pin on the Tech2, so I had to fix that.

Now it's connected!

Question: how do I access the ABS system? I can see the live ECU data, but when I open the F0: VSES Data or F1: Signal Data it says there is "No Communication with Vehicle...."
I do not have mine memorized but it should be under body and at some point it should ask you if you have option jl4 or not (built in brake controller)
are you trying to cycle the abs pump or look at abs speed data?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you plug the 12v adapter into the Tech-2 and not the cable, the Candi won't get powered up. I learned about the power supply from Wes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the only issue with the clones is when the vehicle is started, the voltage drops too low and cause's the clone to reboot, that's the only time a external power adapter would be needed.
like if you were doing a evap test, crank relearn.
the original vectronix made for oem had a slightly better power module so it could take down to like 7.5v (during a start) and would not reboot like a clone does.
minor inconvenience.....
you can order the power module to fix that issue but it's fairly major undertaking, I ordered one about 5-6 years ago and it's still sitting here lol
I can't do that fine soldering it requires I would just end up ruining the thing

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you plug the 12v adapter into the Tech-2 and not the cable, the Candi won't get powered up. I learned about the power supply from Wes.
are you sure?., I found that be the other way around I couldn't get the thing to stay on unless it was plugged into the bottom of the tech2, but I don't recall if I have had to do anything that required the candi to be powered during a restart. Even when programming via acdelco-tds (connected to the computer/internet ) I just had it plugged into the bottom of the tech2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUWILLMS