What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea.. they dont add much width, if any!.. Pocket flares look a lot tougher/bigger.

I do like the rectangle fogs of the z71 package tho.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I snipped the wire holding my exhaust valve open.. didn't see any change in anything. looking at timing retard for 93 and 87, flashed 2 different timing maps. fuel mileage seems the same, power felt the same. kinda weird, I'd have thought reducing exhaust restriction would have showed up somewhere.

it did change the exhaust sound just enough I heard it at times I didn't before and it annoyed me enough to close it back up since I couldn't find any benefit. all back to magic carpet ride quiet

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about lowering my Z71 (stock suspension?) with some new PPV wheels..
Wanted to stick with 17's, but bored.. Bigger brakes wouldn't hurt..

newppv.png

Someone get these wheels on a 07-14 so I can see what they look like!

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Well over the weekend I got the new magnaflow cat/Y pipe installed.
It went really smoothly, and I like how they have the disconnect between the two sides, it made installing a little easier.

They also re designed it a little, and it doesn't hug the transmission pan so tightly.
I bet I could pull the pan w/o raising the transmission or lowering the exhaust. :jester:

I do worry about it hitting stuff offroad, but it's not hanging down too far so hopefully not.

In theory the Y is a better design vs the stock one, so I'm hoping for a little better flow.
but then the pipe after the Y appears to be smaller than the OEM, so I dnk.

The one for the magnaflow 6.2l was a bit bigger.
Oh well, the real test will be how it tows the boat up the canyon.

And had to reset the battery, the asshats were dicking around with my O2 sensor leads.
One ready to get caught on the front driveshaft.
Assholes!

so now I have every monitor to ready except for the O2 sensor monitor and the evap.
Doing a drive cycle every morning before it hits 80f, usually I can get all to go except the evap, but not this time! :whymewhyme:

Figuring I'll just need to do some normal driving, and if all else fails I'll just say fk it and go boating!! :jester:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
It's also getting close to the time when I need to buy new tires for the hoe.
Maybe go a tiny bit larger?
275/60R20?

:hmmm2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnuts28

Latest posts